OLD PALE FACE...DOWN!

HATCHET1

"yes,it killed the hound..ferocious bitch she was"
Aug 2, 2013
here you go fellas...was able to squeeze a man day out in between hunts...waxed this old brusier of a fork at 264yards with a hot copper pill out of the 257wbymag...KAPOOW! good night nurse. A ZONE complete...on to D13 NEXT!! 2016 A ZONE BUCK.png 2016 A ZONE BUCK.png 2016 A ZONE BUCK PIC.png 2016 A ZONE BUCK PIC.png

Reactions: Hunt4lyf
Holy mother of Mary that is a nice California deer Hatchet!

Again Matt, great A zone buck..........Your 1st one?..........:joy:

ps.....Someday you've got to put a picture of the old garage..........;)

here is a great question.

the eye guard cannot be used in the judgment of legal buck. the buck has to have at least 2 little forks on the upper 2/3 of the antler correct?.
I though the eye guard was the normally bulging part directly above their head...is this the eye guard?
https://s4.postimg.org/qvw88m90t/2016_A_ZONE_BUCK_PIC.png
2016_A_ZONE_BUCK_PIC.png

To be techinical, 6 point since you can hang a ring on the second one. I'd be embarrassed calling it that. (I forgot, six point is for whitetails) But I wouldn't call it 3x3.

Tall forky

Im fairly certain this buck is a fork horn...with 1eye guard..but I'm pretty new here . I'm baby stepping my way to the top....I'm going to visit more often...thanks fellas.

Reactions: socalhntr
Stevo..that would be a trophy in some parts if he ever branched an antler....there's always hope and prayer!

Nice buck hatch, way to put the smack down on him! Now as for the conversation on what to call this thing, where is this 6th point?

Thanks for the clarification! Newbie makin sure I do the right thing if the right time comes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oh boy steve...somebody gonna give him the shaft here in a few weeks...gonna be a tasty critter for sure!!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu