Old school from the 80’s & 90’s

seems like just yesterday i used to go over to the map store in orange to get my topo maps. They had a amazing amount of lil secrets with water and other features. We are one solar storm away from needed them back :) stay frosty my friends

I like to use paper maps at home but I typically don’t carry them anymore. It’s nice to see everything without having to pan around or zoom. Mapping apps are a huge benefit for field work though.

Reactions: Lungpopper
Ill tell ya one thing....gas is a hell of alot more now...took me out of the game...thats for sure...dont ever see it coming back to days of the 80's...

Reactions: Lungpopper
I use OnX a lot, but I still have my paper maps. I didn’t mark the private property boundaries thought. I still use tools on the onx map to mark areas.

Kellen,
What years did you work at A16?
I was buying these there around 87-88.
Haha 2009. I was probably toddling around with my dad while he was shopping back in that era though. Was that back at the old original El Cajon location or the final location off of mission gorge road?

Bummer to see that store go, got some great service there. Loved talking archery with one of the guys that worked there.
That would be Rick. Great guy. I worked with him years ago and he was there until the end. Chatted with him a bunch at the store closing parties.

Reactions: SurfNHuntSD

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu