One less bird on private....lol

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
Hunted MCC this morning with Jacob....I've hunted this spot all season (as late as Thursday)….This guy and his 2 buddies just wouldn't leave the conservancy….But today, we caught him alone and willing to leave his safety zone for love....Switched to the Flydown slate over glass pot call....He apparently heard enough to make him make a move....Soft yelps, gobbled back, and let him come.

The season is winding down, but cool weather, lack of hens, and still willing toms is setting us up for a strong finish (unlike last year)….Hang with 'em fella's.

ps...Only decoy I had with me was a laydown hen (the others are packed for Utah)....Bumped right up to her....Maybe found a new technique....lol

.014.JPG013.JPG031.JPG028.JPG033.JPG

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu