Opening day Success

Brian marable

Nov 22, 2017
Temecula
After not turning up any big bucks the first 2 days before the hunt and still being 5 days into the hunt glad i didnt pass on opening day! Spotted him with a doe working down this drainage from a Couple hundred yards away we moved closer. Not realizing i still had gloves on and struggling to get my range finder out the buck walked in to about 20 yards then i couldnt get my dam release in my loop. When i finally got it in didnt have time range put my 20 pin on him and after a bronco kick and a short track job i finally tagged my first out of state buck! Velvet bucks are my favorite. Cant wait for next year! Now hopefully a cow elk or spike is next! Have a few more days.54A3A499-589C-4889-B65D-ADF481B27181.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
F yea brian! Was waiting for you to post, I didn’t want to spoil you glory! Once again bro hammer congrats. Way to represent R2R.

In depth podcast coming soon.

Reactions: Brian marable
After not turning up any big bucks the first 2 days before the hunt and still being 5 days into the hunt glad i didnt pass on opening day! Spotted him with a doe working down this drainage from a Couple hundred yards away we moved closer. Not realizing i still had gloves on and struggling to get my range finder out the buck walked in to about 20 yards then i couldnt get my dam release in my loop. When i finally got it in didnt have time range put my 20 pin on him and after a bronco kick and a short track job i finally tagged my first out of state buck! Velvet bucks are my favorite. Cant wait for next year! Now hopefully a cow elk or spike is next! Have a few more days.View attachment 50328
Nice buck, well done

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu