Opening Duck Season 2019

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
Was lucky enough to get invited on a Pinteal's (Aaron) friends #14 at San J...Before shoot time I saw a grand total of 1 duck...The horn goes off and hardly a shot fired...Then the cinnamons starting moving out of tulies...Pretty fast and furious for about 30 minutes...By 7:30 am, we were done...4 gw, 22 cinnies, 1 bw drake, and 1 greenhead...A few pix of the boys and Jaeger.

ps...This was Damon's 1st duck hunt and he hit those sporting teal well...Aaron & Jacob were lights out.

.005.JPG008.JPG127.JPG128.JPG013.JPG

Congratz guys! That’s a nice brace of birds!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lloyd and I are killing a duck this year!! Way to go stevo! Always getting it done.

Was lucky enough to get invited on a Pinteal's (Aaron) friends #14 at San J...Before shoot time I saw a grand total of 1 duck...The horn goes off and hardly a shot fired...Then the cinnamons starting moving out of tulies...Pretty fast and furious for about 30 minutes...By 7:30 am, we were done...4 gw, 22 cinnies, 1 bw drake, and 1 greenhead...A few pix of the boys and Jaeger.

ps...This was Damon's 1st duck hunt and he hit those sporting teal well...Aaron & Jacob were lights out.

.View attachment 41472View attachment 41473View attachment 41475View attachment 41476View attachment 41477
Steve, Get the boys to clip the price tags off their gear and kneel in the mud before the pic's (it'll look better for western outdoor news). Just bustin b's cuz I can, Congrat's to all good on all of them. Good on you to guide them through it. Could not have done it myself way back when I knew nothing and many folks had to hold my hand along the way.

He set up shop right in the middle of the dike, in the jungle that is W12. Had to piss him off to get him outta the way. Snakes and I have an agreement...I leave them alone, they return the favor.
Teal were in short supply yesterday, at least on the refuge. Makes you wonder if they just haven't made it down yet, or they were here and didn't stick around.

Reactions: Loosenutswelding
He set up shop right in the middle of the dike, in the jungle that is W12. Had to piss him off to get him outta the way. Snakes and I have an agreement...I leave them alone, they return the favor.
Teal were in short supply yesterday, at least on the refuge. Makes you wonder if they just haven't made it down yet, or they were here and didn't stick around.
I’m not sure if they stopped but didn’t like it or not but I saw a place nearby that was covered up in teal . I don’t think Wister holds the attraction to birds or hunters it used to . Old Quack 49

The teal were all over San Jac because it had water in Sept. Few teal at Wister because there was no water at Wister in Sept. Just sayin'

Great job Steve.

Yeah, we need to turn the spigot on a little earlier next year. But I didn't see much bird traffic along the Sea. Didn't see the typical balls of greenwingers. I don't know...could be me, could be the moon phase, late flood up, receding Sea, all of the above...

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu