Palomar Mountain

MCC stands for My Country Club. It's a hunting club located at lake Henshaw. They have about 75k acres of hunting, fishing, and camping property in SD county.

I live in La Jolla area and I was driving back from Palomar Mountain and decided to take black canyon road home, right through CNF. Has anyone hunted out there with luck. Looks like some rough country. I stopped off where the road heads to Lake Sutherland for a look around but found no signs of dear... There was a stream with running water but nothing around it but some dog tracks...

Moe,

As your probably aware, some of Black Cyn. is in the Mesa Grande Indian Res (the best part)..........I did get a nice gobbler from near where you were a number of years back.....The old day camp.

I saw this buck just after the fire blew thru in 2007 (still smoldering)..........Changed a lot in 7 years hey............. ;)

Attachments

• fire 2007 011.jpg
    fire 2007 011.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 301
  • fire 2007 018.jpg
    fire 2007 018.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 303
  • fire 2007 013.jpg
    fire 2007 013.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 297
  • fire 2007 015.jpg
    fire 2007 015.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 297
Mesa Truck Trail starts (or ends) inside of Rey River Ranch.....The gate on Black Canyon Rd. side is normally locked. Although, I have seen it open and have driven it........So, other than crossing some private off the end of Lusardi Truck Trail. It's pretty landlocked with private.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu