Pheasant Hunting and Safety

I agree with you 100% when shooting over pointers (lm a lab guy but I love shooting over well trained pointers, it’s an awesome experience). Most flushers like labs flush and go. You can train them to hold but very few people do. Me and people who hunt with me know not to shoot until you are pointing the shotgun on at least a slight upward trajectory. Sometimes a bird will flush and fly a couple feet off the ground. That bird is not to be shot at. That bird lives to fly another day.
I’ve got a great story about one of my labs and a pair of GSP’s. I may start a thread about hunting dog stories.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu