Pig hunt: Twisselman Outfitters

DontTreadonMe

Dec 17, 2019
After a frustrating turkey season, I need to find another way to put some game meat on the table. I've been looking into some pig hunts and will schedule one in a few weeks or so. I know a ranch hand up in SLO who is friends with a few of the outfitters up there. He highly recommended Twisselman. Does anyone have experience with this outfitter?

I’ve been wanting to do a pig hunt... I’m gonna tag along on this post!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom Willoughby has my vote..the god father of central coast pig hunting..lined me out and got me started back in the late 80,s early 90,s...real deal..no fluff..hit me up if you need info.

Nessen is a strong dude also...cant go wrong with either one...those dudes grew up together when shit was real...old school for sure. Like!

Check out Nessen Schmidt. I've hunted with him four times, pig four times.

I sent him a message on his website - I would love to get a pig hunt in this spring/early summer - running low on antelope and my elk and antelope tags arent until October!

Come to Texas...24..7..365......9inch blade or better perferably...that away its one and done. Damn Hogs!

Reactions: nicapopolis
I’ve only done one guided hunt and it was with Tom Willoughby.

We didn’t use any dogs on my hunt. The dude is almost too good, the hunt was over before I knew it.
I also don’t think I’ve seen an animal skinned and dressed faster than he can do pig with old Buck 110 folder.

I’ve only done one guided hunt and it was with Tom Willoughby.

We didn’t use any dogs on my hunt. The dude is almost too good, the hunt was over before I knew it.
I also don’t think I’ve seen an animal skinned and dressed faster than he can do pig with old Buck 110 folder.

Truth right here!!

I appreciate all of your replies, but my original questions weren’t answered. I should also specify I’m looking to do archery, though the gun is coming for insurance.

I first looked into Tom Willoughby, and the person who picked up the phone was Deedee, if I remember right. I didn’t trust anything she was saying so I looked elsewhere.

The nice thing about Twisselman is a 400 deposit, 800 if you tag out. At the same time, it seems like most of these places have pigs no matter what.

You called the wrong number if you got deedee,LOL!!....better off you go with someone else dude...Toms all buisness for sure., youd be done before you knew it....good luck.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu