pigs in sandiego county

Remember pigs will travel 3-7 miles in a day without being pushed.

I was out Friday caught a glimps of one but no shots wish I had the dogs with me.

Sounds like you are getting closer and closer, hopefully your persistence pays off. Good luck, hopefully we see some pic's posted of you and one of these Pigs laying in front of you!!!

Here is some sign I found, about 2 miles from where I sighted a sow and 5 piglets.

Attachments

• 20131111_135756.jpg
    20131111_135756.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 40
  • 20131111_135759.jpg
    20131111_135759.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 39
Can Anyone tell me/Show me how they tell pig tracks from deer?
When the grounds so damn dry and sandy around here, and then wishful thinking gets involved, I wonder how to tell -besides just thinking pig tracks are wider and less V shaped.
Scat and wallows aren't as prevalent, so if a person were better at telling the difference in tracks, it would help!
Any thoughts? Pics?

Hunting those dang hogs is like hunting a ghost! I spent a year hunting and tracking them. Closest I've got was fresh turned dirt and poop near the Descanso area. I had to hike about an hour in before I saw that sign. Then it went cold. I've seen anything close to that day in over 2 years. Maybe I'll hit one with the car and save the tag, lol!

I have been out in different parts and have only seen old sign. Only pig I have ever seen was from about a mile away next to a heard of cows near lake henshaw. I live in Jurupa valley and there have been many reports of wild pig running through the LA river in Mira Loma. Up rooting front lawns and parks. Bad thing is completely surrounded by homes and businesses. Lots of water and vegetation. It should be interesting the next couple of years. You cant hunt them and no predators in the area.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu