Pix from the 1st week of turkey season

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
Hunted 6 of the first 7 days (took today off)......Certainly more jakes this year, but with almost no recruitment 2 years ago, longbeards are in short supply......Looking at the long range weather. It appears there's virtually no rain predicted for April.....That will mean even more poult survival.....Also, despite many jakes being taken on places like MCC, they're getting smarter and many guys are staying with the no or 1 jake rule.....There were over 60 jakes in just one area of MCC.

Pix from the the 1st week.......:blush:

ps.....The last picture is just below Grapevine Rd on the way to Ocotillo Wells.....Talk about dispersal.......lol

.011.JPG 019.JPG 105.JPG 014.JPG 010.JPG 017.JPG 001.JPG

Looks like you had a great week I guess they managed to find the only area in all of San Diego you could get stuck this week lol.

I got out three days this week and will be out again in the morning. Tomorrow it's all
about the boys getting a bird. It will be my first time in a blind this season but it will be kind of nice sitting ina chair instead on my pad against a tree. Hopefully we can get a bird to strut into the decoys and the boys can get it done.

Drew,

The mud wasn't really that deep. Just slicker than snot......I even got the monster 4x4 van stuck......Probably ruined my tranny getting out......lol

.030.JPG 031.JPG

Last edited:
Drew,

Invest in a turkey lounger......Like night & day, when sitting for long periods of time......It also keeps the ants off better and you can sit just about anywhere with or without trees.

.IMG_1344.JPG

Reactions: TRICER
Look like a awesome hunt
Steve. And it look good here in southern utah for birds. I did not get a chance to go look this weekend. Due to snow that they got yesterday

Last edited:

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu