Post pictures of your favorite or best game accomplishments!

NBK

Trying to be the man my dog thinks I am.
GOLD SITE SUPPORTER
Mar 8, 2011
San Diego, Ca.
Here is a bizarre pronghorn I shot in Dillon Montana. Needless to say, I had to get him mounted. He is a participant of death row -

Attachments

• PA140013.JPG
    PA140013.JPG
    285.9 KB · Views: 18
  • PA140016.JPG
    PA140016.JPG
    366.1 KB · Views: 13
a few good hunts

Attachments

• mountinquail.jpg
    mountinquail.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 189
  • 1106110739.jpg
    1106110739.jpg
    727 KB · Views: 19
  • turkey 4 me.jpg
    turkey 4 me.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 189
Random - Yea the taxidermist was very excited actually. Wanted to keep it for a few extra months for some reason.

SDBirds - Awesome photos. Was hoping a few people would post. Love the one of the mixed duck/quail bag...and proud and happy dog!

thanks NBK i have alot more but dont want to be the only one posting haha ill throw 1 more up till more people do

Attachments

• Big mallard.jpg
    Big mallard.jpg
    697.1 KB · Views: 16
Donald the duck dog looks like he means business when it comes to his birds! He is not even cracking a smile! ;D

Here is one morning of hunting. Snake Charmer and I had are way with the geese down in Argentina. One of a few trips we made.

We shot 212 geese that morning. Some real hot barreled action. The geese were greater and lesser Magellan or as the Argentinians call them "Las Islas Malvinas" and Ashey heads. It was a pretty good mix of both species.

Snake Charmer and I still giggle about that morning...

Attachments

• 212 Argentina.jpg
    212 Argentina.jpg
    229 KB · Views: 166
Here are a couple pictures of the first elk I ever took although it is not my best Elk it was still a great trip and one of my favorite hunting memories. I found this bull on a side hill above a meadow with scattered quakies that I found the day before season opener. After glassing from a ridge for the fist few hours of the morning I slowly worked down to where I thought they were bedding. I remember thinking as I worked my way through the trees that I moving too slow for the cover that I was in and then I heard a snap followed by another one. At first I thought it was someone on horseback that came in earlier in the morning but then I started to see the antlers between the trees. I watched the bull move in below me on a parallel game trail. I watched the direction he was moving and found a 10" opening between the trees, raised my rifle, and waited. A few seconds later the shoulder cleared the tree and the real work began. For a first time out for Elk on a DIY adventure it could not have turned out better.
9e3430b742acebe3548f1cec7c429db3.jpg
15352deb5cf2441444f38d3ae9f3814a.jpg

That is a great story Random...and a dandy first bull. What kind of rifle, caliber and bullet were you using?

Great first Elk Random, do you have pictures of the other Elks you have hunt before, I can't imagine how they look if they are bigger than this one...

Papi

dano626 said:
Wow, that antelope has some character for sure! What a unique mount that must be.

That's a really cool looking animal John.... I'm glad you're proud of it....

NBK said:
That is a great story Random...and a dandy first bull. What kind of rifle, caliber and bullet were you using?
The rifle was a Browning SS Stalker in .338 Win Mag and I was shooting 230 Nosler failsafes at the time. I was pretty disappointed with this round since it did not exit and the largest piece I found was only 164 grns
Papi said:
Great first Elk Random, do you have pictures of the other Elks you have hunt before, I can't imagine how they look if they are bigger than this one...

Papi
Papi I have yet to shoot a toad. The Bulls I have shot have all been under 325 but for OTC tags you can't complain. Here is a photo of a better bull from a follow up hunt that I did with my budy Matt. I still to this day tell Matt that he shot the perfect bull since it fit inside of mine for packing....
370054b837fb812f9eeded785451f3ec.jpg
41a01e5fa05bdbe12e9ede1f79f8da51.jpg
3a013de574d5a592b77c3a4fc06c718a.jpg

Here is another photo
b85e6dfe795f9dfaa3bf215c04b0bc95.jpg
This bull was shot in the same meadow as my first post and if anyone wants to know where that meadow is, it is right here...
c07373ddcf56b82ea47265c8c6a00d5b.jpg
Let me know when you get there ;)

Nice bulls and great photos.

Big fan of the 338 Win Mag!

This was a great hunt for me. "JustMyGame" and I put in for the once in a lifetime White Sands Missile Range Oryx hunt and we drew the tag (2008). It is not the biggest Oryx but it was a hunt I will always remember.

Friggin' cold too!

Attachments

• Oryx.jpg
    Oryx.jpg
    615.9 KB · Views: 12

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu