POTUS Saving Lives

Why would that one governor ban the sale of certain types of seeds and fishing certain kinds of fish? Did you hear that at the end? WTH is that isht?

Why would that one governor ban the sale of certain types of seeds and fishing certain kinds of fish? Did you hear that at the end? WTH is that isht?
Or, what about the people who received a ticket while sitting in their car watching the sunset? Or, being told to wear a mask while in your car?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The mask in the car thing I already did an FB post about how retarded that is! Seeing people...in a car... by THEMSELVES..with the Windows up... wearing a mask! I just gotta SMDH. It's like "I don't think you're getting the point!"

Plus I KNOW all of us, with the exception of those with the blessing of private property, are feeling how assinine this whole thing is. Here they are closing down Freaking Trailheads and closing gates on roads into PUBLIC LANDS....OUR...public lands!

And I mean.. Ok.. the Beaches thing... I live fairly close to the coast, so I can kinda OK sorta get that... especially when the temps go up, cause people flock there no doubt. But in the dang Mountains? Are you EFFing kidding me? I at least know for myself when I go out into the wild I very rarely ever see another human being. And when I do.. they certainly aren't that close by. And I'm sure that's likely a shared experienced must of us on here have alike, no?

Plus I KNOW all of us, with the exception of those with the blessing of private property, are feeling how assinine this whole thing is. Here they are closing down Freaking Trailheads and closing gates on roads into PUBLIC LANDS....OUR...public lands!

And I mean.. Ok.. the Beaches thing... I live fairly close to the coast, so I can kinda OK sorta get that... especially when the temps go up, cause people flock there no doubt. But in the dang Mountains? Are you EFFing kidding me? I at least know for myself when I go out into the wild I very rarely ever see another human being. And when I do.. they certainly aren't that close by. And I'm sure that's likely a shared experienced must of us on here have alike, no?
Our local authorities have closed OUR wilderness for less , it's almost like they wait for a reason to shut down the mountains , why is it that there are large gates on just about every access point to the San Bernardino mountains ? Fire danger , mouintains are closed , and yes these are our lands , we pay for them . We are a kept people.

They CONSTANTLY close off D11 access! I went out of my way to sign-up for the electronic road-closure DOT notifications for LA, just so I couldn't get EFF'd over like that again. Somebody sneezes and the close off Hwy 2.

Trump? How about talking about China's responsibility for starting it? By the way, the economy has to reopen or the country will collapse, even if that means 250,000 deaths. The country surviving and providing for the majority of Americans is what is important here.

I 100 percent agree

It's annoying... now there are organizations popping up trying to ban the sale of ALL wildlife game! (You know, trying to advnace their PETA-like goals using the feelings about this outbreak to fuel the fire of the idiotic masses) And it's like..No... it's not the fact that somebody elsewhere happens to consume a certain type of rodent that happens to fly... it's about these "wet markets" that are apparently breeding grounds for germs. And... people presumably not being good about properly cooking thru-and-thru, and not taking the necessary precautions to prevent transfer from the surfaces where they initially processed the animal. And not washing those surfaces and not washing their dang hands. etc.

Check out the CDC stats on average number of deaths per year in USA from influenza. About 56K. Current estimate of Covid deaths 66K.....

Check out the CDC stats on average number of deaths per year in USA from influenza. About 56K. Current estimate of Covid deaths 66K.....
Do you think that’s a fair comparison? Not sure where that number came from but I think it’s a little high. The average for the last 8 years is 38K for flu season. Other than a partial vaccine (which we don’t have for Coronavirus) we do nothing to prepare for flu season in America. With the entire country shut down we will still exceed a bad flu season in deaths due to this. It would have been way, way worse had we just gone about our business.

Agreed 56k could be a bit high. 38k last year, 61k 2018....

but yes I do think it’s a fair comparison. Even if the death rate is 2x or 3x the amount of a “regular flu”, the question is it worth tanking our entire economy and way of life?? I know my answer.

as to the concept that it would have been much worse had we done nothing, we will never really know, will we?? How do you prove that?

but yes I do think it’s a fair comparison. Even if the death rate is 2x or 3x the amount of a “regular flu”, the question is it worth tanking our entire economy and way of life?? I know my answer.

as to the concept that it would have been much worse had we done nothing, we will never really know, will we?? How do you prove that?
Do you think your answer to your proposed question would be different if it killed someone close to you?

And yes, we do know that it would have been much worse had we done nothing because we now have many examples of cities that did not implement restrictions quickly enough. Never, during any flu season have we had 10,000+ people die in a few weeks in any city, even one like New York.

No I don’t. The people who are dying from Covid are almost exclusively those with other underlying health issues, and mostly old people. (much like those who die from the regular flu). When it’s your time it’s your time. God makes that decision

staying home is not going to prevent everyone from getting Covid, it’s being done to flatten the curve so we don’t all get it at once and overwhelm the hospitals. Staying home isn’t going to make the virus disappear. If it’s as contagious as they say, we will all get it eventually. The death rate will be the same, just not all at once. Lots and lots of people have gotten Covid and had no symptoms and many have lived through it.

1.25 MILLION deaths a year worldwide from car accidents and another 20-50 million injured or disabled. Will Covid kill that many worldwide ??
(144k so far)

I certainly hear and respect your points on this and I am not beating my chest to try and say I am right. .... this is a bad bad disease and I certainly have sympathy for all that have been inflicted and died.

just saying that the numbers are not coming close to the original dire predictions and this unprecedented extreme reaction seems like it may cause disproportionate damage to the economy and our way of life.

33k deaths so far and 22 million unemployed as a result of the cure.

Back