PRAYERS FOR BLUE!!!!

HATCHET1

"yes,it killed the hound..ferocious bitch she was"
Aug 2, 2013
When it rains it pours....big dummy ate a rock that's is stuck in his small intestine...going under the knife at 6am tommorow morning!!! New he was ill last night...took him in this morning and BLAMMO!! ..Here we go...fucking 2024 has started with a Bang for sure!! Your my boy BLUE!! You got this!!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240210-134408.png
    Screenshot_20240210-134408.png
    1 MB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot_20240209-182149.png
    Screenshot_20240209-182149.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot_20240202-180414~2.png
    Screenshot_20240202-180414~2.png
    2 MB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot_20240206-102531.png
    Screenshot_20240206-102531.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 18
Thanks stevo...bastard has been eating rocks since a pup... surprised it hasn't happened yet...if I don't have it cut out..he,ll perferate his bowl..get a knarly infection and die..so .no option here...I'm mad at him at the moment..6to8k ..it's only money..

Should have bought him insurance...lesson learned...he damn well has it now...damn dog.

Reactions: sportyg
Dog has a diaphragm like a Large Boar Hog ..they will cut him from bottom of sternum ..to top of nutt sack ..no chest cracking...soft tissue only ...least big buddy has that going for him..and the LOVE! Thanks fellas..keep y'all posted

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240210-134408.png
    Screenshot_20240210-134408.png
    1 MB · Views: 8
  • Wow
Reactions: ilovesprig
Should have bought him insurance...lesson learned...he damn well has it now...damn dog.
Hope the both of you heal up soon.

Regarding the dog insurance. We went with Embrace with our current dog since he was a pup. He’s just about broken even with what we’ve paid in to date. It’s nice to not have to fork over a small fortune when something comes up but don’t think we will purchase another policy for our next dog.

Reactions: HATCHET1
Hope the both of you heal up soon.

Regarding the dog insurance. We went with Embrace with our current dog since he was a pup. He’s just about broken even with what we’ve paid in to date. It’s nice to not have to fork over a small fortune when something comes up but don’t think we will purchase another policy for our next dog.
Appreciate this bro!! yup...live and learn...100 my bad..

A couple of weeks back (a Thursday evening), my daughter and Jacob got there 10 month old lab back from Raney ranch...By the next day, Ranger was out of it...Couldn't stand up, wouldn't eat, and looked like death warmed over.......:mad:

They called me and I flew to their house...After seeing him, Jacob and I rushed him to an emergency vet hospital...$2500 up front...Tests were given and he had canine pneumonia...They fed him intravenously, anti-biotics, and we waited to see if he would make it...They also wanted $3000 a night to keep him...We rolled the dice and took him home (with drugs).....:broken_heart:

So far, so good, and he seems to have recovered.........:heart:

Last edited:
Spent 8g on my lab with plastic and blanket stuck in him I feel your pain all the best for blue

My first GSP was also not a smart dog. He would hang out with me in the garage, and put down a few nuts, bolts and washers. I came home from work one day and found the top rim of a beer can in the lawn, but the aluminum can was gone. I was picking up after him and saw pieces of the can in his poop. Off to the vet, he was amazed the dog had no cuts in him mouth. Vet asks if there was blood in his poop, to which I said I didn't see any. He said take him home and keep an eye on him. I never took him back to the vet, well not for that.

Blue is going to be fine I have no doubt. Just think you two get to heal up together. Your master (Blue) didn't want you going through it alone hence He decided to join you in his own way.

Reactions: 180ls1 and HATCHET1
Yup .bastard had to try and one up me..they gutting him like a hog as I type..he went under at 1;45pm AZ time...no word yet..

He survived the surgery..they ended up cutting open his stomach and his intestine.. Rock was in intestine..and they found an old plastic cup or something in his stomach.. That Feral fckr!!! 8k later...he is resting with the cone of shame on and I can take him home tomorrow....not sure I really want to...but prolly will..uggh..thanks for all the love fellas...that damn dog has maxed out his credit line...

He survived the surgery..they ended up cutting open his stomach and his intestine.. Rock was in intestine..and they found an old plastic cup or something in his stomach.. That Feral fckr!!! 8k later...he is resting with the cone of shame on and I can take him home tomorrow....not sure I really want to...but prolly will..uggh..thanks for all the love fellas...that damn dog has maxed out his credit line...
If he takes after dad I'm sure he'll heal up great!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu