Public land boat blind?!?

Full size mud motors are fun just don't try one on a regular ribbed john boat. I love my prodrive and if I didn't have the salad shooter I would always use it.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
Stump jumper is 2x the price as a California Mud motor or Mud skipper. Stump jumper is better Quality and easier to get on and off the boat. I bought a used California mud motor with a predator motor, didn't like the shaft being so long. The stump jumper with the 7hp Subaru motor gets up and goes! I have had the Subaru motor submerged twice by buddy's I let use it, (small unstable boat I have since sold) change the oil and the spark plug and it runs like a champ still! Good times!

I went out Saturday morning in the ponds below wister. My trolling motor did pretty good but looking at that mud motor I think I might be looking into one of those. Anyone know a cheaper place to get the engine mount and shaft.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

your looking at $400.00, this is the cheapest way out, Harbor Frt predator 212 with 3/4 shaft with coupon $99.00, mudskipper 5 to 7HP Longtail motor drive system $295.00, its designed for the Preadator and a couple other motors, took me 1 hour start to finish to put together, i modified my throttle cable a bit or i would have been done faster, make sure you put oil in it, 10-30, it comes dry and wont fire since there is a low oil shut off in the motor, their number is 315-946-9400 hop on mud-skipper.com, go to long shaft, then to 5-7hp. it give a full tutorial and a video haw to put it together. i have ran mine for 3 seasons and it has never let me down, i change the oil, the pull rope and spark plug every season. i also went up 1 prop size from stock, gave me quite a bit of top end. good luck,

Reactions: longbowhunter2

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu