Public land wild pigs around Ventura county?

D13corey

Mar 30, 2021
Anyone can help find some spots around me for pigs I live in Ventura? I’m a new hunter this is my first year and am really excited to join the community and start a new tradition in my family thank y’all

Reactions: HATCHET1
Anyone can help find some spots around me for pigs I live in Ventura? I’m a new hunter this is my first year and am really excited to join the community and start a new tradition in my family thank y’all
I don’t want to burst your bubble. But good public land hunting spots are hard to find. If somebody posted up a spot that they said was good hog hunting, the place would be flooded with hunters.
After you put boots on the ground for a few years you will understand.

yep, better tap into the money that Uncle Joe B. is sending out is the only way to get hogs....

Hog hunting in Cali used to be a good deal and easy way back when, not so much anymore. Public is not the way to go, pay to play and you will score and do your homework as far as guides. Used to go three times a year and kept the freezer full at little cost, not that way anymore....

Reactions: D13corey
DM me
DM me I can help you with some direction.

I don’t want to burst your bubble. But good public land hunting spots are hard to find. If somebody posted up a spot that they said was good hog hunting, the place would be flooded with hunters.
After you put boots on the ground for a few years you will understand.
I appreciate your honesty and understanding this as I learn I hope to get in contact with property owners around me and ask for permission to hunt there lands

A buddy of mine got offered a promotion if he took a job in Beaumont Texas. He’s been out there for only a few months, and already got the invite from one of his employees to hunt and fish on their 1000 acre property. They have more hogs than you would know what to do with out there. For the cost of a guide here in SoCal, spend the same amount and go to Texas where you can go "hog wild" and take as many as you can pack in your cooler.

A buddy of mine got offered a promotion if he took a job in Beaumont Texas. He’s been out there for only a few months, and already got the invite from one of his employees to hunt and fish on their 1000 acre property. They have more hogs than you would know what to do with out there. For the cost of a guide here in SoCal, spend the same amount and go to Texas where you can go "hog wild" and take as many as you can pack in your cooler.
Been thinking about that big time

If you’re new to the sport by paying for a guide you can quickly get an idea of what it takes to hunt hogs and cut down on your learning curve. Also, you can quiz the guide for information on hog habits, approach and then see what it takes to get a shot at one. It’s like going taking a pig hunting course where you end up with meat at the end of the day.

If you’re new to the sport by paying for a guide you can quickly get an idea of what it takes to hunt hogs and cut down on your learning curve. Also, you can quiz the guide for information on hog habits, approach and then see what it takes to get a shot at one. It’s like going taking a pig hunting course where you end up with meat at the end of the day.
This is awesome thank u

There used to be good hog hunting on Vandenberg AFB if you have access http://vafbgunclub.com/vandenberg-afb-hunting.html
I don't know what the current situation is.

EDIT: Current situation is bleak http://vafbgunclub.com/vandenberg-afb-pig-hunting.html
The hog situation on VBAFB is very slim. The base is actually trapping and tagging what few hogs remain. Between the draught and predators the population is down extremely low. I have only killed 2 hogs on the base since mid 90's.

I took my sons to Texas last month to go hog hunting. They are plentiful, and the price of the flights and lodging was still less than we would have paid to hunt with a guide in CA. There are a range of options from a true hunt to a closed fence operation that might only charitably be described as "hunting." We had a great time. It was also interesting to be dressed in full camo, and no one even blinks. The whole experience has me thinking about moving to Austin. IMG_5505.png

My buddy got a Hog at the Carrizo Plain up your way ! That could be a start .

I heard many years ago that Hogs lived on the private ranches surrounding Carrizo Plain and that they would occasionally cross over to the CP and stay in areas close to the private land. I never saw any in all my hunts there, CP is very dry.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu