Quail back with a vengeance.

dewolfe86

909A2C88-E7FB-4507-9C56-2AF0FE20DBFB.jpeg Hello all. New to the site but an avid upland game bird hunter.
Have been going to a spot off the 14 past Lancaster for about 5 years because my father in law told me he would limit out on quail every season. Every time i would go it would be dry and not a bird in site. But he always insisted i should go back every season Just to make sure,And finally after a long awaited time they have had an amazing hatch and are back with a vengeance lol.
It started out with me Going up the canyon to do some early scouting for dear and sure enough there they were crossing the dirt road i was on. Did about a mile or so walk down a super green wash and they were jumping like crazy. Managed one short of a limit.
Super stoked on being apart of this site!!

Nice report and great hunt. Seen a ton of quail while deer hunting they are thick this year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Welcome to SCH. Nice shoot.. quail hunting is getting tougher nowadays it seems. When deer/turkey scouting I'll flush big coveys, then when I come back during season they disappear entirely.

De,

Welcome to SCH and nice going on the valley quail.....Getting a limit of those rascals is always a great accomplishment.

Back