Quail hunting got me this....

"Does anyone know why there is no limit on jacks, but there is on cottontails?"

Good question, Chris.....Why is there no limit on Euros, but there's a limit on mourning and white wing doves?....I know, I know, Euros are non native.....So are pheasant, chukar, and turkeys....All have seasons and limits.

I guess cottontails are cuter........lol

"Does anyone know why there is no limit on jacks, but there is on cottontails?"

Good question, Chris.....Why is there no limit on Euros, but there's a limit on mourning and white wing doves?....I know, I know, Euros are non native.....So are pheasant, chukar, and turkeys....All have seasons and limits.

I guess cottontails are cuter........lol

Dude, that's exactly what my wife said, damn cuteness!!! LOL! On a serious note, I really have no idea but whatever! Both cottontails and jacks are fun!

That's a good question about jacks. My guess would be that they're considered vermin and aren't as popular to hunt as cottontails. Plus, maybe the biological difference has something to do.. jacks are much more hardy and can move (quickly) up to a couple miles in a day for food and shelter if threatened, whereas cottontails tend to stay in a particular area close to water and shelter. Who knows.. all I know is both are fun to shoot.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu