Quail opener

Smokey58

May 10, 2018
Hunted D-14 with me new dog fresh out of training. Tough country as u guys know. Smokey had a bird pointed but I couldn't see him, I hit the locator on his collar and the bird flushed and I found my boy still holding point on the bush where the flush happened. He later located but bumped two birds. Need to work on stopping on scent, but mah boy is green on wild birds. no excuses. Hope y'all Upland Boys had a good hunt.

WTG Smokey.....Hunting locally for quail is tough these days with this prolonged drought.....Try getting him into Kern Co.

Thanks Steve, I have some known desert spots on the Inyo/Kern border that we will hit once it cools down. Don't know any areas in Kern Co.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
Not a great year for quail. My opener I flushed 1 cover with 3 birds, missed one shot and that was it. Scary low numbers

Reactions: Smokey58

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu