Quail Season Opens October 20th

josecasillas

If it flies it dies, if it hops it drops....
Apr 24, 2012
san diego
Cant wait! I love quail! They are soo delicious :p :p. Also i'm taking my son out for the first time hunting. He's 6 yrs old and i've never taken him. Oct 20th will be the first time. He's pumped! ;D :D 8)

sportyg

Oct 28, 2011
SoCal
haven't seen any in my area, I quail & coyote hunt the same area. Up until this year I have always seem a good deal of quail around... :( :(

Ajsnack

Jun 5, 2012
San Diego
Never hunted quail. are there any decent areas to hunt in CNF? Is a dog a necessity? and how big are they here and what size shot is recommended? I am familiar with the Bobwhite quail and that they can be hunted with 6 or 7 shot.

S

scohen

Hey John I can't wait for your jalapeno-cheese stuffed quail mmmmm yuummyyyy :'(

josecasillas

Apr 24, 2012
san diego
WOW! In that case, any quail i kill is going straight to John so he could cook them up! LOL! ;) :) :D ;D

Ahidog

Jul 10, 2012
Going scouting this weekend or next in the valley have a few tips on where to look would love some more ...gonna be north west of Dunaway road for starters message me for anywhere else to check out I will share what I find with anyone that shares with me

josecasillas

Apr 24, 2012
san diego
thats wierd ???, i've been seeing them all over the place :). Cant wait till opening day 8)

Lungpopper

GLASS,GLASS,GLASS
Staff member
Mar 2, 2011
Lakeside
schoutdoors.com
Taking the shotgun with you this weekend scouting would be a good idea. I was out scouting a new area about two weeks ago and jumped two coveys, each had about 40 birds in them.

Hotchkiss

Oct 19, 2011
Anaheim
Leaving tomorrow to camp and going to hunt for Opening day and Sunday. Will post report to see how we do.
Good luck everyone that going on the opening day too.

Ken

Captaintb

Sep 13, 2011
Lakeside, Ca.
Lungpopper said:
Taking the shotgun with you this weekend scouting would be a good idea. I was out scouting a new area about two weeks ago and jumped two coveys, each had about 40 birds in them.
That's what I was thinking, I've got a good area but am gonna try and find a little more remote place to take down a decent buck. Coming home with some quail will just add to the fun!!!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu