Quail Season Opens October 20th

Cant wait! I love quail! They are soo delicious :p :p. Also i'm taking my son out for the first time hunting. He's 6 yrs old and i've never taken him. Oct 20th will be the first time. He's pumped! ;D :D 8)

That is awesome Jose. I hope you guys wear the birds out!

haven't seen any in my area, I quail & coyote hunt the same area. Up until this year I have always seem a good deal of quail around... :( :(

Never hunted quail. are there any decent areas to hunt in CNF? Is a dog a necessity? and how big are they here and what size shot is recommended? I am familiar with the Bobwhite quail and that they can be hunted with 6 or 7 shot.

Hey John I can't wait for your jalapeno-cheese stuffed quail mmmmm yuummyyyy :'(

WOW! In that case, any quail i kill is going straight to John so he could cook them up! LOL! ;) :) :D ;D

Going scouting this weekend or next in the valley have a few tips on where to look would love some more ...gonna be north west of Dunaway road for starters message me for anywhere else to check out I will share what I find with anyone that shares with me

thats wierd ???, i've been seeing them all over the place :). Cant wait till opening day 8)

Taking the shotgun with you this weekend scouting would be a good idea. I was out scouting a new area about two weeks ago and jumped two coveys, each had about 40 birds in them.

Leaving tomorrow to camp and going to hunt for Opening day and Sunday. Will post report to see how we do.
Good luck everyone that going on the opening day too.

Ken

Lungpopper said:
Taking the shotgun with you this weekend scouting would be a good idea. I was out scouting a new area about two weeks ago and jumped two coveys, each had about 40 birds in them.
That's what I was thinking, I've got a good area but am gonna try and find a little more remote place to take down a decent buck. Coming home with some quail will just add to the fun!!!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu