RE: SHINGLES VACCINE - Maybe wait until after hunting season is over.

so the dasher is a not so wild wildcat based off the 6mm br (bench rest) its more accurate than the 6mm cm or the 243. Yes less speed but also less recoil. cartridges all have a inherent accuracy level. The 6mm BR and variants have been breaking records for years. you will not see any records for the CM or 243. Not that they are not accurate but they give up accuracy for speed and efficiency. chasing the .5" group down to the .1" group is the goal. Its pretty much the best thing anyone has come up with for 600 yard mid range
Learn something new every day. It’s great that Lapua and Norma make factory brass. Pretty wikid looking cartridge. Looks like a 108g bullet will almost be as long as the brass. It will be cool to out shoot guys with a cartridge that has less than 1/2 the amount of powder than most rounds.
It’s cool watching you evolve into this sport. This is like a real deal dedicated cartridge for precision shooting.

I started with a slingshot..then the rubber got stretched out..it was at that point i realized...all hope was lost...be the bear Larry..

Are youbBow hunt ready

Part 3 of THE RIDGE2RIDGE WATERFOWL PODCAST with iLovesprig is going live this Monday the 19th. At 5am. Subscribe and like.

• Haha
Reactions: TRICER
I scrubbed the mission for today since couldn't get to bed early enough Friday due to family obligations creating complications. Instead today me and the boy rode bicycles with our fishing poles over to Bolsa Chica Tidal Inlet and tried our hand at surf-fishing again.

Wanted to show him with a bike ride that we really don't live that darn far from the Ocean so that if he wanted to try a solo mission he wouldn't feel so daunted by it. Y'know, to encourage him to not be an indoors couch-potato just EFFing around with Xbox and YouTube all damn day. And to have some quality Father-Son time. Which will start to be in very short supply soon, with Hunting Seasons kicking in.

Plus I hadn't done any practice with my Bow at all, so figured it'd be wiser to get in some practice next weekend after the event we're hosting, then go back in the weekend after that practice session. Already schedule with TrapLine to meet up with him and his boy tomorrow and go to Sunset Beach and try some Fishing with the boys.

Then I freakin' get back home.. and Mama tells me the Clothes Dryer isn't heating up. So now I gotta deal with that mess tomorrow in the AM. The plan was to take the boy and go do a practice session with the bows. But now that's screwed. F**k sometimes I really f**king hate being seemingly the only one in the household capable of fixing isht.

Sounds like she's lucky to have you dog.

Sooo much more than you or she knows man. She's lucky she's so damn pretty.

I'm thinking a sporter weight 257 Weatherby built on a blueprinted model 700 action with a 26" barrel, Mcmillan stock , leupold scope 4-12, and I dont what trigger yet.
I could have guessed 257 Weatherby. You sure like those speed demons. That will be a deer slaying machine.

Deer, antelope and elk. I've shot elk with a 25-06 and they fall over just as well as anything else I've used so I'm thinking the 257 with a monolithic bullet will be good medicine for all.
Don’t rule out the Hornady 143g ELDX. Hopefully you can have it done before the SCH invitational in the spring. Love to see that barrel burner out there.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu