Recommendation on gloves?

Under Armour pulled their sponsorship of that young guy who filmed himself spearing a BlackBear from the ground, and who also had a GoPro on the spear itself... in response to whiny-a$$ public outcry. 100% Legal and allowed Method of Take too, for his region.

F*ck them... they ain't gettin' a DAMN bit of my patronage!

Either you're in?... Or you're Out. None of this wishy-washy caving to pressure bullsh*t.
tell me how you really feel bud haha. lets stick to the recommendations now.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
Wool half finger gloves! Good to 20deg or lower and they stay warm when wet. Low cost and functional. I have lots of fancy goretex gloves and i seem to always come back to my wool gloves

Last edited:
All good advice.. also now shopping duck hunting gloves.. pulling dekes the other day then paddling the canoe my hands were frozen claws. Don't need a subzero proof pair, but man the sea can get quite chilly.. air temps in the 30s and who knows how chilly that water is.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Reactions: nicapopolis
All good advice.. also now shopping duck hunting gloves.. pulling dekes the other day then paddling the canoe my hands were frozen claws. Don't need a subzero proof pair, but man the sea can get quite chilly.. air temps in the 30s and who knows how chilly that water is.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
You always have an open invite to hunt here... but I think you might freeze to death.

I am terrible with gloves and always freeze my hands when setting decoys.

My wife bought me these gloves a few years ago for decoys. I still havent used them for decoys. I do break ice every morning and pull ice from our ducks pond with them. They work awesome. Lightly fleece lined.

Green Pvc Coated Glove

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Lee,

The best part of those Huntworth gloves is that the mitt part of the glove tucks back into the glove….No flapping and is of low profile.....Which is important when wing shooting.

Here's a pic of the fingerless & palmless gloves....They are great when it's warm....They shade and cover the back of your hands....If anyone finds these let me know....Like I stated earlier, Fred Zink made them for calling waterfowl.....I use them for everything.

.View attachment 37604
Steve,

Have you tried emailing Fred Zink directly about them?

A quick search and it looks like Simms makes a pair, maybe not what you are looking for though.

https://www.simmsfishing.com/solarflex-sun-glove

Its really hard to keep gloves for duck hunting workable. I do this and it works good. I have my ride out in the airboat gloves. They are heated snowmobiling gloves, the wind chill takes it to like - 256deg. For setup i wear my mechanix. When i hunt nothing. If you can't keep your hands warm use a chemical packet in your pocket to reheat cold hands. Between the ducks and the dog gloves above freezing just does not work.

For pickup just get wet and man up, you will live.

Keep your core warm and your feet warm and most of the cold hand problems go away. Once you crawl into the 20s that part is mandatory. Thermacell makes electronic foot warmers now that kick ass and are worth their trouble.

Reactions: SurfNHuntSD
Steve,

Have you tried emailing Fred Zink directly about them?

A quick search and it looks like Simms makes a pair, maybe not what you are looking for though.

https://www.simmsfishing.com/solarflex-sun-glove

Lee,

No, I haven't.....Those gloves are close, but mine are palmless as well.

I have camo neoprene gloves for the really cold water.....They're long on the arm and I switch back to Zink calling gloves.....And if you buy them a size bigger, you can wear liners underneath....glacierglove.com

.008.JPG

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu