Recommendation on gloves?

Jason,

This is a great question and thread.....Like John said, there's gloves for every kind of job.....And they're damn important in all of them.

Turkey hunting with gloves & without.....Trust me, they can see that hand.

.View attachment 37603

Like I said... sticks out like a sore thumb! The other thing for me... is the white hairs on my chin! HaHA! I gotta make sure I've tied the drawstring on the hood of my mesh ghillie suit tight enough so that I can shove my chin hairs below the tie-off point. But the better way I handle that problem most of the time is to just wear the mesh fullface mask under the hood instead. Doesn't penalize you in terms of heat so it's all good.

Try wearing the Kuiu Peleton or Merino wool as a liner to the Guide gloves. It will turn your Guide gloves into an all temperature system.
Good call. I go Merino everywhere else as a base layer. Just havent done gloves yet.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: longbowhunter2
Jason,

This is a great question and thread.....Like John said, there's gloves for every kind of job.....And they're damn important in all of them.

Turkey hunting with gloves & without.....Trust me, they can see that hand.

.View attachment 37603
Good point, Steve.

I always wear thin camo gloves for turkey.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

i tend to be on the warmer side than most people but i use the under Armour hunt liner glove, keeps my hands warm and dry, i recently wore these up the the sierras in mid OCT and encounters show and rain and these held up no problem. ive shot with these and its not much than using your hand. take a look, i think you can find them on amazon for a little cheaper

https://www.underarmour.com/en-us/mens-sc-hunt-liner/pid1318573-991

Reactions: longbowhunter2
I have not tried them but wool Merino thermals from my experience with wool would by a virtual life saver.
With good strong water proof outer ware. I think it should be part of our gear.

i tend to be on the warmer side than most people but i use the under Armour hunt liner glove, keeps my hands warm and dry, i recently wore these up the the sierras in mid OCT and encounters show and rain and these held up no problem. ive shot with these and its not much than using your hand. take a look, i think you can find them on amazon for a little cheaper

Good recommendation.
Should be part of our gear.
Camo for turkey

Reactions: Sdhunt17
Jason,
I got some gloves from Wal-Mart in Montana.....They're made by Huntworth and are Realtree Max1....I love 'em….Easy to get on and off and have muffs for your fingers, when not needed to shoot.....They are NOT waterproof.

View attachment 37600
Steve I had a pair like this, except I wore them out.
Very handy. Slip off the mit and ready to shoot.
I should bought several.

Lee,

The best part of those Huntworth gloves is that the mitt part of the glove tucks back into the glove….No flapping and is of low profile.....Which is important when wing shooting.

Here's a pic of the fingerless & palmless gloves....They are great when it's warm....They shade and cover the back of your hands....If anyone finds these let me know....Like I stated earlier, Fred Zink made them for calling waterfowl.....I use them for everything.

.san j 11-6-10 017.old.JPG

Lee,

The best part of those Huntworth gloves is that the mitt part of the glove tucks back into the glove….No flapping and is of low profile.....Which is important when wing shooting.

Here's a pic of the fingerless & palmless gloves....They are great when it's warm....They shade and cover the back of your hands....If anyone finds these let me know....Like I stated earlier, Fred Zink made them for calling waterfowl.....I use them for everything.

.View attachment 37604
Yes good deal, I have a pair for warm days but probably different
Manufacture.
Freaking turkeys are very keen eye. I had to camo my traditional
Bows. They could spot them easily.
I think this topic is an excellent one. Keep feet and hands warm
Is important. Darn wind is what
Gets me if stuff I wear isn't wind proof. Or resistant.

Under Armour pulled their sponsorship of that young guy who filmed himself spearing a BlackBear from the ground, and who also had a GoPro on the spear itself... in response to whiny-a$$ public outcry. 100% Legal and allowed Method of Take too, for his region.

F*ck them... they ain't gettin' a DAMN bit of my patronage!

Either you're in?... Or you're Out. None of this wishy-washy caving to pressure bullsh*t.

Reactions: ilovesprig
Right on, 'Dog.....Too many other manufacturers out there to buy from that actually support hunting.

It just bothered me greatly. Ya got all these Mamby Pansy @$$ mofos whining about hunting... usually they are itching about how it's unfair or whatever... and this kid... goes and pulls off, arguably, a feat that each and everyone of our ancestors HAD to do in order for US to even be here and successfully descend from them. AND... as I've watched time and time again... Spear kills things Crazy-Fast since when they run it makes that cutting blade do even more damage inside as well. So boom... ethical all the way around. Obviously MORE than enough chance for a Gawd Damned Bear to decide maybe he should ditch the bait pile and run. Dude had to get 15 yds from him!

Then don't buy them. But don't poop on some else post or recommendations.
But that info is good to know.
Tread easy on other people's recommendations. Or people will quit posting if they get pooped on.
My 2 cents

Reactions: Sdhunt17
Thanks for bringing this topic up Jason, very timely as I have been looking into this as well.
Picked up a few pair, recently, but still looking for the right set for the right environment.
Will be researching based on the board's guru's recommends.
-Robert

Oh no... no, no, no... I wasn't trying to hate on somebody else for buying their products... just wanting to make sure everybody knew about that corporate decision they made. It seems like they make decent gear and everything, I just have issue with decisions made because of social pressure rather than facts. You know, like today's anti-gun political climate.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu