Rifle question

• Thread starter Deleted member 27310
  • Start date
Vortex Crossfire II's work just fine for a hunting rifle, since it's gonna get scratched up and stuff anyway.

I wouldn't bother getting a nicer model unless you routinely deal with longer range shots while hunting. They are nice and bright. The eyebox is a little narrow compared to pricier ones. But that just means you've got to for sure line your eye up more directly behind the reticle is all. The eye relief is just fine on them.

I've got like 4 of them now. 3 on rifles, 1 on AirRifle.

Reactions: Dawnandusk
I'm far from a voice of authority when it comes to scopes, but I'm gonna throw in my two cents here. I bought a Nikko Sterling nighteater (can't remember the power) and it's been a great scope. I can see in low light, the distance is great, and I've banged it I don't know how many times without throwing it out of sight. The worst it ever experienced was before I had my safe, it stayed in a plastic hard case in my mother in laws garage rafters. While trying to pull it out from the rafters, the ladder I was standing on buckled, and with barely a hand on the case, the case with the rifle, and I both took a hard landing on the concrete, except the rifle fell down about ten feet. When I took it to the range, it was only off by three clicks. That was the only time I've had to readjust it.

Best part... got it for under $100

Reactions: longbowhunter2
Vortex Crossfire II's work just fine for a hunting rifle, since it's gonna get scratched up and stuff anyway.

Second this comment...

I wouldn't bother getting a nicer model unless you routinely deal with longer range shots while hunting. They are nice and bright. The eyebox is a little narrow compared to pricier ones. But that just means you've got to for sure line your eye up more directly behind the reticle is all. The eye relief is just fine on them.

I've got like 4 of them now. 3 on rifles, 1 on AirRifle.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
PS the 2-7x32mm Crossfire II is a very nice model for a .22 Cal Break-Barrel AirRifle.

I've got an Umarex Octane. It's considered a Magnum class break-barrel, so it's already a bit heavy just by itself. The optic it came with, I could never get it zeroed and have it seem to hold its zero. At first I bought a Simmons WhiteTail Classic 6-20x50mm AO for it. And it was awesome for sniping things off a rest... but when I tried to carry it in the field it was horrible with that Hubble-sized scope on it.

The 2-7 magnification range is PERFECT for these .22 Break-Barrels.

.Octane Rabbit 2017-12-07 in AZ.jpgWP_20180323_022.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu