Rocked this grouse

Lungpopper

GLASS,GLASS,GLASS
Staff member
Mar 2, 2011
Lakeside
schoutdoors.com
While walking in to help Top Buck's son drag his deer out. This grouse made the mistake of walking across the trail in front of us. TB got the first rock off and missed. I asked him is season open for these? He said yes and that was it. I grabbed a rock and put it down.

Attachments

• IMG_1264.JPG
    IMG_1264.JPG
    756 KB · Views: 38
Very cool, I always wanted to hunt them but I've never got around to it. It can't count the number of times they scared the heck out of me walking up the mountain.

Darryl, those are some serious ninja skills with a rock. I assume that is a legal means of take in Idaho. In California, I'd have to check the regs first.

It's legal to take'em with a rifle (Rim & center fire), but rocks.......IDK! Seems a whole lot safer!

Did you eat it yet?

That's fricken sweet I'd love to kill one with a rock. As a side note I've seen my dad kill wounded doves by throwing his sandals at em

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not to hijack the thread, but watched my old New Mexico outfitter buddy kill a coyote last spring turkey season with a rock....He played professional baseball..... ;D

Attachments

• DSCF1269.JPG
    DSCF1269.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 32
  • DSCF1276.JPG
    DSCF1276.JPG
    954.3 KB · Views: 23

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu