Rumor has it

D16hunter

Jun 28, 2012
San Diego
First off this is a RUMOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!My dad told me. He was at the chiropractor practer today and heard an employee telling another that a black bear swiped at his leg yesterday near Julian. Has anyone heard any similar rumors or found sign of bears near Julian?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last December there were stories about a sighting up on Palomar Mountain.
http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2013/dec/13/bear-palomar-mountain-ranger/

Bears in SD, hatchet typing in lower case letters. Clear signs of the end my friends. Repent!!!!

Sdbirds said:
Is it a fake story
Look I'm not making this story up my dad told me it. The guy who he over heard could have been lying tho idk if it's true or not

Is this like the ones they supposedly saw in Kearny Mesa and near Mission Valley a few years back, or the one that got caught on BP thermal cam near Jacumba. Who knows no one ever released pics I don't think.

Could they have been talking about meatball the bear that was in the animal sanctuary.

There has been a few confirmed sighting of black bears in Laguna, and Palomar. And one was shot and killed in east Ramona about 7 years ago. No B.S. Here is a video taken by a boarder patrol agent in san Diego. http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2013/feb/04/black-bear-spotted/.

I heard they planted bears on Palomar years ago. Trouble bears would be relocated there. I heard they were seen at higher elevation on the mtn often years ago.

fishingkid said:
I heard they planted bears on Palomar years ago. Trouble bears would be relocated there. I heard they were seen at higher elevation on the mtn often years ago.

The locals have told me this many times.........I know Joel Mendenhall told me he had walk in from of him near Mendenhall Valley.

There was a photo of one taken near green valley falls, one hit by a car off of the S7, and another sighting near Doan pond three years ago. Its really not far fetched for them to make their way south from Riverside where there are bears. DFG gets a good amount of call from residents up that way of lost bear cubs and bear sightings in the suburbs.

infidel said:
My uncle lives on Vulcan and has had bear damage a few times if that counts

That counts no matter what. Did the dfg see the damage and say it was a bear? Or was it not significant enough to call them?

infidel said:

Vulcan is rad I would believe it up there

D16hunter said:
infidel said:

That counts no matter what. Did the dfg see the damage and say it was a bear? Or was it not significant enough to call them?

I'm not sure if he reported it to DFG or not. It smashed his door in and kinda rearranged the kitchen items to the floor. Left all the guns alone so it's clearly a supporter of the 2nd Amendment. This particular incident was about 7 years ago.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu