San Felipe Wildlife area?

I might add.....

1......Yes......Archery or shotgun.

2......Yes......South of S-2 bow only (A-22 or AO).....North, rifle or bow (D-16).

3......No camping on the area......A number of campgrounds within a few miles including Lake Henshaw.

4......I've hunted there many times......There were a good number of turkeys, but the lack of water (drought) made them head to private property. Even then, the population out there is very small.....Deer hunted it for years....Big country and bring your best boots.....Cactus, rocks, and steep/rough terrain on the north side....Quail & dove hunting on the south side after Sept 1.....Can be pretty good at times.....Really depends on the dove weed growth (turkey melon).....Granite Mt section is now open for hunting as well (shotgun or bow only).
Thanks for posting your information. I was doing some research and legal Labrador said something about open and closed hunting dates. On the wildlife site I doesn't mention this. Do you know if they implement those dates?

Thanks for posting your information. I was doing some research and legal Labrador said something about open and closed hunting dates. On the wildlife site I doesn't mention this. Do you know if they implement those dates?
It's stated in the regs. "Closed for hunting Feb 1 through Aug 31 except for spring turkey season when only turkeys may be hunted."

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

https://nrm.dfg.ca.gov/FileHandler.ashx?DocumentID=84923&inline

Please read this. No general D16 hunting the part of San Felipe west of S2...which to me means archery only. The DFW has trail cams all over the place, especially by the wildlife watering wells. No camping is allowed (see link).

I have had good success west of S2 with dove (make sure to have non-lead), dog booties are a must because there is a seed that is like a cactus thorn all over the ground that easily goes into a dogs food. First time I went there without booties and had to carry my dog back to the truck.

https://nrm.dfg.ca.gov/FileHandler.ashx?DocumentID=84923&inline

Please read this. No general D16 hunting the part of San Felipe west of S2...which to me means archery only. The DFW has trail cams all over the place, especially by the wildlife watering wells. No camping is allowed (see link).

I have had good success west of S2 with dove (make sure to have non-lead), dog booties are a must because there is a seed that is like a cactus thorn all over the ground that easily goes into a dogs food. First time I went there without booties and had to carry my dog back to the truck.

thanks for the info guys. with an A22 looks like i got another place to scout. maybe well see turkey in the fall.

Thank you for all of the information on this area. Essentially, if you wanted to use a general D16 tag you have a very small portion north/east of S2 that is accessible/legal?

does anyone know the status of the granite mountain unit? I know of the season dates of the WA but was wondering about south of the 78.

I had snakecharmer teach my lab and got the vac this week at my regular vet 30 bucks I assume it will be the same for the second dose. Both should be redone here every year is what I’m told by all people in the know.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu