San Jacinto Wildlife Area to Host Quail Unlimited Junior Hunter Chukar Hunt, Sunday, November 14th

I work with this chapter of QU every year doing snake aversion training and sharing the proceeds. I can tell you that I have the utmost respect for the members and have been told the story over the past fifteen years how the membership continues to shrink and the only ones doing the work are the old school guys. Step up you lazy ass newbies or see this and what they try and do go away. The membership fee's are cheap and you don't need to be active but without money it exists no more. These folks are the real deal. Maybe if you came down and joined and helpd some of them they might show you a spot or two. Funding is key to these organinzations staying alive and I can tell you if they have the funding they can do great things. $100 bucks once a year would help immensily. What's a quail a hunt once year worth to you ? Send them a couple bucks a year or watch it all go away.. P.S. Chukars are about $10 bucks a piece right now for all you whiners who are complaining about the birds being provided. QU Riverside/ Inland empire folks are rock stars so shut up and help them..
Are you aware if there will be an opportunity for new memberships at this hunt? I just moved to Menifee and would like to join the chapter.

I worked my lab for this event. Quail unlimited deserves a lot of credit for making this happen. Very good turnout and good attitudes all around. This was my lab’s first outing since knee surgery and she had a blast. No pics from me. Too busy planting birds when not running the lab.

John

Reactions: Designed2Hunt
I worked my lab for this event. Quail unlimited deserves a lot of credit for making this happen. Very good turnout and good attitudes all around. This was my lab’s first outing since knee surgery and she had a blast. No pics from me. Too busy planting birds when not running the lab.

John

No excuse for no pix.................:laughing:

• Haha
Reactions: sportyg
Had my nephew corncob out today second time hunting, very memorable, thank you quails unlimited and all that helped out20211114_105145.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn’t mean to confuse or sidetrack anyone. I apologize.
Hey “hunter527”, it seems like your have a bone to pick with someone. It’s unfortunate that you use this platform to bash on another organization that’s trying to do something good for the youth. Also Quail Unlimited is no longer an organization, so if you’re going to act like that get the names correct. I’m currently a member and on the officers board for our local QF chapter and I will say trying to put an event on like this is for the youth isn’t something easy especially when you have people nagging that it wasn’t good enough.
The kids enjoy being outdoors and having the opportunity to learn and grow in the field, regardless of the amount of birds available.
Maybe consider joining your local QF chapter and get involved so you can put all those great ideas to work.

Didn’t mean to confuse or sidetrack anyone. I apologize.

Hey “hunter527”, it seems like your have a bone to pick with someone. It’s unfortunate that you use this platform to bash on another organization that’s trying to do something good for the youth. Also Quail Unlimited is no longer an organization, so if you’re going to act like that get the names correct. I’m currently a member and on the officers board for our local QF chapter and I will say trying to put an event on like this is for the youth isn’t something easy especially when you have people nagging that it wasn’t good enough.
The kids enjoy being outdoors and having the opportunity to learn and grow in the field, regardless of the amount of birds available.
Maybe consider joining your local QF chapter and get involved so you can put all those great ideas to work.

Saying that my comments amount to bashing the organization and having a bone to pick with someone is ridiculous. All I said was 2 birds per hunter is a low amount. Stop pretending that I said the hunt is a bad event. That’s a bunch of crap.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu