SCOTUS ruling on 2nd A and the State of Hawaii

We have to put up with 2 1/2 more years of the Sh$t. Not sure our republic can survive (I know my retirement is taking a huge hit). The damn libtards if they don't get their way then they want to change the rules. They want to pack the supreme court they want to end the filibuster. Acting like a bunch of cry babies on the ball court (I am taking my ball and going home). How about doing your damn job and I am talking about both sides

Not voting for Trump because he's so polarizing is not a good strategy You're giving in.

Hell I don't want to play golf with him, I don't want him as my friend, or as my buddy, whatever but his badass attitude of scorched earth and MEAN Tweets for the Wacky Leftovers World, I applaud.

Not voting for Trump because he's so polarizing is not a good strategy You're giving in.

Hell I don't want to play golf with him, I don't want him as my friend, or as my buddy, whatever but his badass attitude of scorched earth and MEAN Tweets for the Wacky Leftovers World, I applaud.

Mark,

Didn't say I wouldn't vote or campaign for him...I just think him working with someone who has his views, but more electable would be ideal (DeSantis)...We can NOT let the dems win again.

All of us better find a way to mix the beliefs we hold true with the other side's views and along with that win over the independent voters and convince them of the values we were brought to believe that might be forgotten in the halcyon of what we are about to face in the next election cycle with the rage the nation is dealing with right now. This whole thing can be lost or won within the neigh`ood you live within if you converse with your neighbor and share common values that make sense with the folks around you

Mark,

Didn't say I wouldn't vote or campaign for him...I just think him working with someone who has his views, but more electable would be ideal (DeSantis)...We can NOT let the dems win again.
Steve: The Miami Herald, a clearly anti-Trump and somewhat anti-DeSantis paper, published an editorial yesterday stating that DeSantis is showing more and more of his leadership potential. He has vetoed some major bills passed by Republicans and some passed by Democrats. If he thinks legislation is harmful, he vetoes it, regardless of the political fallout. Some of the things I like about him are that he is a dedicated father and husband [unlike Trump], he served in the military with distinction [unlike Trump], and he's got a pair of balls, facing a hostile media in press conferences, allowing them to take pot shots at him, and he stands there without showing the slightest sign of anger or irritation. He speaks his mind and takes the shots. Bet Trump and his backers start attacking DeSantis. He's a real threat to the Trump machine. I don't like some of the things he does, but he sure has my respect. Oh, and by the way, the Dems and the mainstream media attacked him for not attending a function of some kind. He disappeared for a couple days and the media and Dems blasted him---AWOL, not doing his duty. Turns out he was at his wife's bedside while she was undergoing a particularly rough couple of days in her cancer treatment. His duty as a husband was a higher priority than politics. What bugs me is that the Dems and the media never apologized for their attacks. DeSantis never made an issue of it, but it sure pissed me off.

Last edited:
Reactions: ilovesprig
I'm taking a wait and see stance until I see who is really serious about running. I don't like Trump, but I don't vote for a person base on weather I like them or not, I vote for them because I think the are the best for the job. It won't take too much to find someone better than what we have now, but I sure hope he doesn't die in office, can you even imagine. I need to know more about DeSantis, and Kristi Noem, she would get my vote because she's hot :). I tell one thing for sure if Trump is the man, he will get my vote. Like him or not he did a lot too MAGA.

Regarding the question of Do you take the required gun classes prior to completing CCW ? I have printed out the forms to apply. In the info packet about each stage of the process it states after you have submitted application and preliminary background check; and have been found able to proceed with process you will be notified to go and have a Live Scan completed. Upon completion if you are still good to continue process; you will be notified to now set a training/qualification range day for a 8 hour minimum assessment with a LEO. Once that is completed, and you have been deemed qualified, you will be notified that your application request has been approved. upon approval you will notified as to when and where to pick up CC Permit.
I have several friends that have been approved that live in San Bernardino and Orange counties in the last two years. LA County has continued to be the hardest place to be approved.

Reactions: Dawnandusk
so the state just accidentally releases the names, phone numbers and addresses of every ccw holder in CA? This state is such a mess man.

HI, for example, does not even offer the class. When I moved there, I brought several handguns and then acquired several more over the next 12 or 13 years, all going thru the necessary paperwork and background checks. Did a lot of handgun target shooting. Then the County of HI [the Big Island where I lived] changed the laws. You could not take a handgun outside your physical residence until you took the handgun class. This had nothing to do with concealed carry, just the legal right to take a handgun [unloaded, locked in a case] outside the walls of your house. OK, so I went to sign up for the class. None were being offered because nobody was qualified to teach the class. A couple friends were NRA instructors and a couple more were instructors in the military and a couple more were law enforcement instructors. No good. HI would supply it's own instructors and regardless of your experience or background or any classes you took in other states, you have to take this class in the County of HI. This went on for some time and then they offered the class. The wait list was about a year long and it cost a couple hundred bucks. I said screw it and sold my handguns.

And how about this? HI does not have the Castle Law, which states that if somebody breaks into your home and poses a lethal threat, you may use lethal force to neutralize that threat. In HI, if you are the victim of a home invasion and the crooks put a gun to your head, you may not use lethal force if it is even remotely possible to negotiate with them or comply with their orders or if there is an open door or window for you to escape thru.

And you guys think that CA has restrictive laws?
Rather be judged by twelve than carried by six…..

Reactions: ilovesprig
Rather be judged by twelve than carried by six…..
That sounds nice but the politically incorrect reality on the Big Island is that there are two systems of justice, the one for locals [Hawaiians] and the one for Haoles [white people from the mainland]. I myself experienced that a few times and many haole friends had it worse than me. I wouldn't want any locals on a jury if I were the defendant. People in Hawaii would eat me alive for saying this, but that is the reality. If you are a Haole, you obey the letter of the law or you'll be in over your head. Locals can do things and the cops or game wardens look the other way and just smile. A haole does the same thing and they end up in handcuffs in the back of a cop car.

Last edited:

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu