Scouted, Hunted and Scored BIG!

NBK

Trying to be the man my dog thinks I am.
GOLD SITE SUPPORTER
Mar 8, 2011
San Diego, Ca.
My first scouting trip payed off BIG! Went out to the hunting grounds tonight and came back with a puffy chest and game in hand! ;D ;D ;D

Attachments

• mousekill1.jpg
    mousekill1.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 23
  • mousekill2.jpg
    mousekill2.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 11
I was in my garage on Friday gathering up some dove gear and I saw mouse poop. I flipped out! Those little devils will eat your hunting clothing etc. So I went on a killing spree. I have got 2 so far...

It's funny how rewarding it feels when you get them. I've had gophers that I have been more excited about killing than deer. Well, does at least

You are right John. I could not wait to get home today to check my trap-line. And the killing spree continues! Below is victim #3 ;D

It sucks to be a mouse that likes peanut butter and molasses at my house!

Attachments

• kill3.jpg
    kill3.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 15
I hate to be the one to tell you, but those aren't mice!

Them there are RATS!

None-the-less I will conquer! I just increased my trap-line to 5 traps.

Not a rodent expert but I know the first one I dispatched was a mouse. That last one did look like a rat but it was fairly small. Let's see what the morning brings and I will post my spoils!

Do you think the pelts are worth anything? ;)

Dude those things are nasty, I've been killing at my house too, I had a nest under the hood of my truck and my Rhino. Yeah I think you should mount one!

What kind of trap is that? It kind of looks like a toilet seat from hell. It obviously works well. I have to agree with topbuck they look like rats. You may be wiping out a whole litter.

I know a couple of carp connoisseurs that may have some good Asian family recipes for those little brown delicacies. Let us know once you have a bag limit and I'll see what I can do.

Top Buck and I just had a meeting and have confirmed that these are mice not rats. The trap-line has been strung with fresh bait and should produce by tomorrow. Unless I have already begun to thin the herd.

I'm thinking some mice earmuffs would go good in Canada this year!

Randomshot said:
I know a couple of carp connoisseurs that may have some good Asian family recipes for those little brown delicacies. Let us know once you have a bag limit and I'll see what I can do.
Yer killing me Jon

The sad thing is just like the saying there is a lot of truth said in jest I actually know a couple of guys who would probably cook them. These are guys that I call when I have undesirable meat that I don't want to throw away and yes they are willing to drive to my house to pick up sun baked carp.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu