Scouting Pays Off

Cast N Blast

Feb 9, 2020
San Diego
I spent many days scouting in the off season, in between training the dog, gearing up, and all the other obsessive stuff we do in the off season. Several of those trips didn’t pan out, and not every call to the local game warden or biologist paid off. But I was able to narrow down a few new spots on public land.

We had a great 1/2 day hunting several different coveys in the desert. 19 in the bag between two hunters. I didn’t take the dog due to the heat, but I’m confident we would have been done sooner with the dog on point.

Anyway, thanks for the tips and advice on this board (techniques not locations ), and good luck out there everyone and make every trip a scouting trip.

Mountain quail and golden trout are next (cast and blast)!92B8C239-B31F-40D9-87C6-D7C21BFD19BB.jpeg

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu