SD and IV combo upland report 1/25

WaterDawg

Nov 20, 2016
Had the privelege of hunting with Kellen and his English Setter, Patsy. What a sweet dog. Not sure I want to go back to dogless quail hunting after yesterday. Kellen and her put us on one covey of 20 to 30 birds and another that had to be over 50. It was really amazing to watch Patsy focus on the wind and scent, then become statuesque when on the birds. Just a great experience with a neat dog, a first for me, and a great handler.

DD283D52-2B73-46AE-8849-0046DBCB6832.jpeg

71F39AF1-861D-47EA-9C6B-8BA11B9DA647.jpeg
FEE5FD61-29D4-4EA3-A1BE-AC4EBF6BF534.jpeg

I had a hall pass for the night so next I went to the IV. DId some sniper style cottontail hunting at dawn then scouted some promising new areas. Pretty tired now. Glad it’s almost the weekend lol.

0FF97506-C3EA-4AF0-8586-D48BE8D8066A.jpeg

Kevin.....Great day.....That's the beauty of the IV.

Great looking dog, Kellen.....Congrats on the redheads

Kevin.....Great day.....That's the beauty of the IV.

Great looking dog, Kellen.....Congrats on the redheads
Tough dog too. This wasn’t like the TV shows with the gentlemen hunters in Iowa walking a flat farm field and the dog pointing on the lone bunch of leftover plants. Patsy was up, down, through the thickets, over the rocks, straight into the dense brush. You dog guys know all this, but I was REALLY impressed with Kellen and Patsy.

It was a fun hunt and I’m glad you got to see a pointing dog do it’s thing Kevin. Too bad the birds were so spooky but that’s what you get in the last week of the season....

It was a fun hunt and I’m glad you got to see a pointing dog do it’s thing Kevin. Too bad the birds were so spooky but that’s what you get in the last week of the season....
Yeah they were spooky alright. Here’s ‘till October - let’s do it again when they’re less wary.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu