Search for missing tuna 7/13

Biosphere bracelets?...…...WTF
You don't even wanna know.
Long gone are the days of "Hey! You wanna hit the islands tomorrow? I heard the yellowtail are going off!"
Now, in addition to your Mexican fishing license and your passport, you now need to have your FFM's in the form of a manifest of all crew on board, emailed to the Captain of the port of Ensenada, with a copy of the payment for said FFM's from the Banco. They now also require that you have a Temporary Importation Permit (TIP) for your vessel. Oh, and the Biosphere Bracelet if fishing within 12 NM of the coast and/or the islands. Oh, and also your license to operate your marine band radio. Oh, and don't forget to bring along your Declaration of Entry form from the DFW for importation of fish caught out of the country.
I generally don't even bother to fish the islands anymore, which is probably exactly the way the landing want it to be. The fewer PB's, the better. Meh.

You don't even wanna know.
Long gone are the days of "Hey! You wanna hit the islands tomorrow? I heard the yellowtail are going off!"
Now, in addition to your Mexican fishing license and your passport, you now need to have your FFM's in the form of a manifest of all crew on board, emailed to the Captain of the port of Ensenada, with a copy of the payment for said FFM's from the Banco. They now also require that you have a Temporary Importation Permit (TIP) for your vessel. Oh, and the Biosphere Bracelet if fishing within 12 NM of the coast and/or the islands. Oh, and also your license to operate your marine band radio. Oh, and don't forget to bring along your Declaration of Entry form from the DFW for importation of fish caught out of the country.
I generally don't even bother to fish the islands anymore, which is probably exactly the way the landing want it to be. The fewer PB's, the better. Meh.
It’s easier to walk into San Diego from Mexico and take up residence than it is to boat down and fish the Coronados for a few hours. Maybe I’ll get some archipelago earrings to go with my biosphere bracelet.

It’s easier to walk into San Diego from Mexico and take up residence than it is to boat down and fish the Coronados for a few hours. Maybe I’ll get some archipelago earrings to go with my biosphere bracelet.

Hence, why I don't hunt or fish Mexico anymore.....:confused:

No seriously, tell us about the paper work, permits. Use to be Mexican license, and boat permit.
What have they done now?
doubleTrouble covered it well earlier in this thread: passport, Mexico license, FMM with date and all passengers (must get via email before going), TIP boat permit if private boating into mex, and biosphere bracelet for each time you go to the islands. And if you really want play by the rules, Mexico offshore radio permit and of course, US declaration when you return to San Diego with Mexican fish. Are we having fun yet???

Reactions: longbowhunter2
doubleTrouble covered it well earlier in this thread: passport, Mexico license, FMM with date and all passengers (must get via email before going), TIP boat permit if private boating into mex, and biosphere bracelet for each time you go to the islands. And if you really want play by the rules, Mexico offshore radio permit and of course, US declaration when you return to San Diego with Mexican fish. Are we having fun yet???
TIP boat permit?

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu