So you still vote democrat...A must read for hunters

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
I know no one wants to talk politics...BUT...At our Fish & Wildlife meeting today, one of my fellow commissioners thought this would be important topic to bring up since we're politically appointed.

It's from the agenda from the Democrat party of San Diego...I have the entire meeting format & agenda...This is the most important part for most of us...Please read...And if you know a democrat that hunts...Please show to them.

Good Evening Democratic Leaders,

Next week we will be making history as a county party. For the first time as far as we can tell the County Party will be considering a Party Platform. This is a huge deal, and goes a long way to unify our party not only on our voter registration but a common set of values that will help us communicate to voters and win elections in 2020 and beyond

Animal Rights

San Diego Democrats believe all animals should treated humanely. There are laws already in place to protect some animals from cruel and inhumane treatment. However, there is a vast disconnect between the way various industries treat animals and the way people believe animals should be treated. We affirm the right of all animals to be free from exploitation, cruelty, neglect, and abuse. The San Diego Democratic Party is committed to the following:

● Ending the use of animals in entertainment

○ Circuses that use animals, rodeos, horse racing, dog racing, bear wrestling, donkey basketball, and other uses of animals in entertainment always abuse animals and should be abolished ○ SeaWorld has finally agreed to stop breeding captive orcas, but the orcas that remain at SeaWorld are kept in a cramped, barren wasteland compared to their natural environment. SeaWorld should be required to retire their remaining captive orcas to sea pens, and also to stop keeping dolphins and other marine mammals in tiny tanks for the amusement of customers

● Support a ban on fur ○ Fur trapping is extremely cruel and also results in the death of many non-target species. So-called “fur farming” is also extremely cruel, as wild animals are kept in tiny cages and killed by various inhumane methods

● Support ending animal testing ○ Animal testing is cruel and unreliable and should be replaced with computer models, in vitro, and other technological advances ●

Oppose hunting

○ Virtually all hunting is for so-called sport and not subsistence. Humans with powerful weapons and technology are the exact opposite of natural predators, killing healthy animals instead of those that are sick and weak, causing ecological imbalance. Hunting also violates the rights of non-consumptive users of parks and public land, as activities like camping and hiking cannot happen in areas where hunters are firing guns

● Oppose factory farming ○ 99.9% of all animals used for food are raised on massive factory farms where they are kept in cramped, tiny spaces, with waste and runoff polluting the air, water, and everything around them. Routine feeding of antibiotics to farmed animals is commonplace, causing drug-resistant bacteria to pose an unprecedented human health threat ○ Even so-called free range farms usually confine animals in conditions that are just as terrible. They only must provide “access to the outdoors,” which can be a tiny area that only a few animals can fit in at a time. Organic just means that the feed was grown without pesticides ○ Our food system in which processed animal products are made artificially cheap through subsidies and externalizing of costs onto society is costing us billions in terms of disease, pollution, carbon and methane pollution, and causes intolerable animal cruelty. We must encourage a shift toward plant based eating and continue to legislate against the cruelest forms of factory farming, as California voters have been doing through successive ballot initiatives

● Support abolishing puppy mills ○ California already bans the retail sale of dogs, cats, and rabbits in commercial pet stores, but online sales continue to support this cruel industry

● Support the right of companion animals to have a healthy diet, protective shelter, and proper medical care

● Support laws that protect animals and allow their interests to be represented in court ● Commit to protecting the habitats of wildlife

● Support ending animal testing ○ Animal testing is cruel and unreliable and should be replaced with computer models, in vitro, and other technological advances ● Support the right to rescue animal

Soon they will be having us eat grass.
All of the above comments about range cattle and hunting is more bogus propaganda. Non lead. Was a stepping stone to kill our Hunting privilege..

Reactions: Smokey58
RE: "We must encourage a shift toward plant based eating and continue to legislate against the cruelest forms of factory farming, as California voters have been doing through successive ballot initiatives "

I guess they have no idea what hunting is nor have they heard of the Pittman-Robertson Act. And on top of that we hunters and gun owners are the primary supporters of conservation. So were is the money going to come from? Oh wait another tax!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: YETI
City folk trying to make country folk follow city laws. Unfortunately there are more people in the city than the country.

I don’t understand it. I live outside of the city so I don’t get to vote on certain proposals that affect the city. Yet the city people get to vote on proposals that affect people outside the city.

Reactions: stikbrandon
OK here is one. to protect all wildlife.
No more hiking on trails
No biking on trails
People are not allowed on wilderness areas.
No more snow bunnies
No one is allowed to drive at wilderness areas. To many rabbits, and squirrels get squished.
Facetious talk

This does just look like some sort of PETA propaganda.

I do not think the same as most dems... but I do not think they are going to all give up McDonalds and go full vegan. The people pursuing the full plant based diet is a very small percentage of the total population.

With that said... dipshits will vote for dumb stuff...

People you are doomed. They have already made a significant impact. Gun control, ammo control, limited the area's to hunt and what you can hunt. Taxing everything that you love to do. They want you to bow and worship them in every way. Next they will place an annual tax on every fire arm you have. Its bad enough with the rate of property taxes and now 80 cent gas tax. Your freedom has been stripped.

Well I give them credit for their honesty, just flat out stating they Oppose Hunting. Period. The lines are drawn. For consistency they should be against sport fishing too.

Reactions: Smokey58
Well I give them credit for their honesty, just flat out stating they Oppose Hunting. Period. The lines are drawn. For consistency they should be against sport fishing too.

Kevin,

I'm guessing they wanted to include fishing, but that industry is huge for the San Diego economy....Also, the WORLD FAMOUS San Diego zoo was left out of this idiotic statement...They're just grasping at the low hanging fruit for now.

People you are doomed. They have already made a significant impact. Gun control, ammo control, limited the area's to hunt and what you can hunt. Taxing everything that you love to do. They want you to bow and worship them in every way. Next they will place an annual tax on every fire arm you have. Its bad enough with the rate of property taxes and now 80 cent gas tax. Your freedom has been stripped.
Ya if History repeats itself.
NAZI concentration camps for the
Few 3% trying to hold out.
I am old but not dead yet.

Kind of reminds me of that bill that passed that said chickens should have room to move around. WTF? I want chicken cheap, I don't care about how they "feel" or if they are "comfortable." The U.S. is getting more "guilt-ridden/civilized" every year. I would gladly step into a time machine to live in wilder times -- less laws, regulations, people feeling guilty.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
● Support a ban on fur ○ Fur trapping is extremely cruel and also results in the death of many non-target species.

Considering we are required to use box traps non targeted species are just released unharmed. This statement is false.

● Support laws that protect animals and allow their interests to be represented in court

So I just got sued by a raccoon and his attorney.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu