SoCal Spring Turkey Tune-Up...March 6th

I was able to make it to today’s event, thankfully. As a new hunter, I was able to learn a lot about turkeys and it was really helpful having the wardens there taking questions. Thanks for keeping this event going, look forward to going to more in the future. Didn’t really have a chance to talk with any of ya, as it was really busy there. Did notice a few faces that I recognized from this site though. Seemed like a great turn out t me. Thanks again.

Its was definitely a great turn out...helped on Friday set up and a few of us got to here a tom gobbling his but off at around 12:30..hit him with a box call and he went off a bunch of times..never did lay eyes on him tho.

It was great seeing some familiar faces and meeting some cool people...turns out I'm deadlier with my bow then my gun at 30yds...forgot my turkey choke so it was all downhill from there. Good luck to everyone this season.

Outstanding turn out for sure. Did 590 or so tickets at the gate today, not including the couple dozen or so early birds that got tix at the site. In contrast, I think last year it was 380 ish in the rain. Congrats to all that won draws!
Yes, a great event and a big thank you to all the volunteers! My first Turkey Tune-up event and was impressed.

SurfNHunt - Are you saying 590 attended or that 590 raffle tickets were purchased? Just curious. I thought there had to be at least 200 plus attendees.

Reactions: TRICER
Yes, a great event and a big thank you to all the volunteers! My first Turkey Tune-up event and was impressed.

SurfNHunt - Are you saying 590 attended or that 590 raffle tickets were purchased? Just curious. I thought there had to be at least 200 plus attendees.
We shut down the gate at 11:00 and counted 590 entry tickets sold. But more than that attended since additional tickets were sold early on to the staff, helpers, and early birds. Estimate attendance somewhere in the 600s including vendors, etc.

WOW!...What a great day at the SoCal Spring Turkey Tune-Up...600+ like minded folks...Felt like AMERICA again...
1f1fa_1f1f8.png
1f1fa_1f1f8.png

A special thanks to all the sponsors and volunteers...Lake Henshaw Resort, My Country Club, Willow Creek Archery, Turner's Outdoorsman, Right 2 Bear Arms, Lake Henshaw Cafe, Blackhound Optics, Bolsa Gun works, Diamond Environmental, DFW wardens, and all the NWTF members that helped out...Couldn't have pulled this off without you.

.120.JPG104.JPG153.JPG150.JPG152.JPG154.JPG151.JPG156.JPG

Thanks for putting this together Steve. Did not have much luck on the raffles but that's ok enjoyed seeing everyone! Gotta bring the wife next year. Might have better luck She sure is lucky to have me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt,

Thank you...Since we met, you've been a huge help at all the events I've chaired...Really do appreciate it.

ps...I never seem to win anything either...Jacob on the other hand won the Howa 6.5 CM

Thanks for putting this together Steve. Did not have much luck on the raffles but that's ok enjoyed seeing everyone! Gotta bring the wife next year. Might have better luck She sure is lucky to have me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don't you let her forget it!! Nice hanging with you on Fri and Sat Matt! Hope you land that first bird this season.

Jorge

A lot less shotgun shooters but the hay bails were beat up worse than in years past.
More archery shooters this year and a 3d turkey to shoot at!

Lots of leftover targets and everything went smoothly.

We even had 15 spectators for a few hours.......lol
Being the last shooter before the raffle.
Thanks Mark for all the help.
It was an awesome time. My buddy John I might have convinced to join the San Diego NWTF

Reactions: ilovesprig

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu