*SOLD* 2010 Toyota Tacoma SR5 Access Cab with Pickup Shell - $11900 (Vista, CA) *SOLD*

What gas milage did you get out of the truck it being 2wd Auto? My Tacoma is virtually the same except 4wd manual. I found that my gas milage could vary a lot depending on how it's setup, tires, etc. Curious what you got milage wise.

This is my first 4x4 and I'll say I wouldn't go back after having it now. The options it opened are something I wouldn't want to go without. That being said it has also allowed me to pick some options I probably should of done without. 2 weeks ago I took my mom and daughter up some sketchy off camber "road" on a cliffside around the sierra buttes. They both screamed at me for taking such a crazy road and opted to get out and walk. LOL.

What gas milage did you get out of the truck it being 2wd Auto? My Tacoma is virtually the same except 4wd manual. I found that my gas milage could vary a lot depending on how it's setup, tires, etc. Curious what you got milage wise.

This is my first 4x4 and I'll say I wouldn't go back after having it now. The options it opened are something I wouldn't want to go without. That being said it has also allowed me to pick some options I probably should of done without. 2 weeks ago I took my mom and daughter up some sketchy off camber "road" on a cliffside around the sierra buttes. They both screamed at me for taking such a crazy road and opted to get out and walk. LOL.
I was getting around 25 mpg before I put the larger, heavier off road LT tires on it. The previous 2 sets of OEM tires (dunlop) went 100k mi each, but were discontinued. Great tires at half the price. I was interested to see how far the new tires would go.

With the new tires I averaged around 20 mpg.

Last edited:
The operative words here are....BARELY and MOST.......................... :joy:

.View attachment 54950

Short wheelbase, skinny tires and chains (if needed) are the ticket in the snow. I was hunting in the Uintas one time and a guy with a stock wimpy looking 2 door jeep with highway tires was having no issues. Meanwhile all the lifted trucks on big tires were struggling.

Reactions: ilovesprig
View attachment 54900

I wore mine to work the other day in 4x4 mode. Got endless jokes about how my feet were invisible. I fought the Croc trend for the longest, swearing they were lame. But they're dang comfy. And if they're camo they're not as lame somehow.
Haha I did the same thing, said they were lame and I would never own them then faster forward I have two pairs ! They are key in long backpack hunting trips.

Reactions: ilovesprig

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu