Sold

Ideal Man

Jul 18, 2017
16' Panther airboat - 383 c.i. small block Chevy power, reliable 485 HP. Runs on regular gas. Built with the absolutely the best parts available. 79" blade Whirl Wind prop, 2.68 Rotator gear box. Very powerful, will do over 55 mph fully loaded. Brand new seats, fits 4 people comfortably. 40 gallon gas tank, 42" LED light bar, 2000 gph Rule bilge pump. Lots of room inside for decoys, firewood, extra gas cans and more. Stored in garage, very low hours. Business forces sale. Cost $35,000, asking $24,000. Located in Temecula,IMG_4187.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
well this ya do not see every day..... @Ideal Man

so a few questions, how many hours is low hours. is the reduction unit the same hours? approximate is fine. To some people 2000hrs is just broke in :)

what model WH prop and what is it pitched to, what rpm can the motor turn it at. Will you be willing to run it up to prove said HP numbers. proof is in the prop

does the boat have polly if so how old is it? if not any damage to the bottom, cups or bulges or oh shits.

what's the condition of the trailer pics would be nice. is it setup for dry loading?

yes i own a airboat already but i play with people who use and need more boats like this

well this ya do not see every day..... @Ideal Man

so a few questions, how many hours is low hours. is the reduction unit the same hours? approximate is fine. To some people 2000hrs is just broke in :)

what model WH prop and what is it pitched to, what rpm can the motor turn it at. Will you be willing to run it up to prove said HP numbers. proof is in the prop

does the boat have polly if so how old is it? if not any damage to the bottom, cups or bulges or oh shits.

what's the condition of the trailer pics would be nice. is it setup for dry loading?

yes i own a airboat already but i play with people who use and need more boats like this
Aeon, please contact Pat at the listed #, thanks.

@Ideal Man has only posted in the classifieds. All 3 of his posts. Not an SCH guy. Just a classified user...

I know someone that might need an airboat if it was the right one. Only @Aeon would know if it is the right one! ;)

called and got vm.... stand by ill give you guys the dish once i get it. or it will disappear because someone i know bought it and i deleted the thread :p

are you not the seller? @Ideal Man
It's my brother's boat, and for all you know it all's, it's the only the second thing I've listed, and the other item was mine. The boat is awesome, actually worth more than the asking price. You won't find a better one anywhere.

he clears the rule for classified posts " or be rad at a good price" its pretty rad and a good price if its of ok quality.

Reactions: TRICER and MasonP
@Ideal Man

The mud skid is only worth what someone is willing to pay, I meet him right now for 10K. I live In Temecula. If you foster the deal and I’ll kick you down 1K. I got the perfect mud hole for that wind scooter.

• Haha
Reactions: garlicsalt
talked to pat. i actually know him and we had talked in the past when he was building the boat. Small world :)

now i have zero clue as to the true quality of the boat. a in person inspection and test needs to be done if you want to buy it.

from what Pat and i talked about it seems to be a good boat . would be fun hunting the boat unit at wister :)

This boat came up for sale at the wrong time. Sure would like to have it for future endeavors.
I need to burn all of my big game points so I can get back to waterfowl hunting like i am supposed to.

This boat came up for sale at the wrong time. Sure would like to have it for future endeavors.
I need to burn all of my big game points so I can get back to waterfowl hunting like i am supposed to.

THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^.............................:blush:

incase you wanted to build one your self.....
15k for basic bare hull + 4k fo polly that price might be a lot more with the crazy market we are in and metal prices up so high
6k for motor
3.5k for reduction unit/ might be more now
4k for prop
2k+ for trailer
2k easy for random stuff like lights and fuel pumps wires gauges
1k to paint it... if you do the prep work your self with etching and alodine
200hrs maybe to build it? i did not track how long it took me. a lot of afternoons after work and weekends.. This is doing 100% of the build work your self. its pretty much like putting a car together from scratch. you need some toys to build it. like a fork lift to get the motor and reduction up high. if you are not able to rebuild a motor its not for you
if you pay to have it built then the price jumps a LOT LOT.

incase you wanted to build one your self.....
15k for basic bare hull + 4k fo polly that price might be a lot more with the crazy market we are in and metal prices up so high
6k for motor
3.5k for reduction unit/ might be more now
4k for prop
2k+ for trailer
2k easy for random stuff like lights and fuel pumps wires gauges
1k to paint it... if you do the prep work your self with etching and alodine
200hrs maybe to build it? i did not track how long it took me. a lot of afternoons after work and weekends.. This is doing 100% of the build work your self. its pretty much like putting a car together from scratch. you need some toys to build it. like a fork lift to get the motor and reduction up high. if you are not able to rebuild a motor its not for you
if you pay to have it built then the price jumps a LOT LOT.

So, let's see...MCC costs $3,000 a year divided by about $40,000, equals about 13 years of MCC...I'll be 87, have the old tin boat, and still huntin' "The Shaw"........ :joy:

.IMG_4421.JPG

Last edited:
its all about needs, at my club you cant hunt much at all with a outboard. A jet drive gives you more access, a airboat gives you more. A bad ass airboat gives you unrestricted access to a point. You do have to keep in mind that if a jet boat gets stuck i can always come get it. If i get stuck there is no one that can get me :(

Reactions: NBK and TRICER

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu