sorry for the downtime.....

Forum Janitor

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2014
sorry for the downtime,

the super computer we use here at SCH got unplugged and we had to plug it back in

Reactions: ilovesprig
you prob did not pay the bills and they turned you off :p

Same thing happened over at The outdoors forum. It's still down, been over a month now. I think they went tits up.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Same thing happened over at The outdoors forum. It's still down, been over a month now. I think they went tits up.

so what really happened was nginx did not play well with a server swap. recompiled and reinstalled it's back to its happy self. Odd failure to say the least but simple to fix :)

i have started a go fund me to pay for my amazing skills in keeping SCH up almost 100% of the time. that was our real outage in over a year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Bask and Zak
Was it my Larry like write up, plus pix overload?....................... :joy:

Last edited:
Let me know if you ever need a hand with things!

I'm full full stack dev by day, don't really do much devops stuff but if you ever need a second set of eyes on something let me know.

@Bask YES i do want help, you can have it! i will email you the passwords to the server. The pay is zero and @SCH1 is a bitch to work for but other than that its a great job.

i can finally retire and sell hair care products like i have always dreamed.

our system is quite robust to be honest. xenforo is amazing forum software and our server setup is pretty bomb. i was a early linux adopter ( slakware ) back in the floppy disk days so this stuff is pretty easy.

@Bask YES i do want help, you can have it! i will email you the passwords to the server. The pay is zero and @SCH1 is a bitch to work for but other than that its a great job.
Haha sounds like my first dev job :)

So I know who to bug if I have any issues with my classes this semester.

Side question, I saw a banner on taptalk that says to not use taptalk. What's the reason for this? Just curious.

tapatalk is the fucking devil.

for the life of me i cant understand why any of you use it.

we keep it here because a lot of you use it and everyone freaks out when we kill it. They are reading your posts and selling your info
they pay nothing for the ads they show you.

This site works amazing on mobile

Reactions: Bask

we keep it here because a lot of you use it and everyone freaks out when we kill it. They are reading your posts and selling your info

I promise I won't use it. What is it???????

Yeah I use the site on mobile mostly, only used taptalk the other day to check the forum during the outage.

I'm constantly fucking and breaking things on my side.

I really don't see any value add of taptalk vs mobile, outside of other forums some one follows, but bookmarks do the same thing.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu