sportfishing

oneazbowhunter

"will work for tag"
Oct 28, 2011
prescott valley,AZ
Hey any of you guys do any long range sportfishing? We just signed up for a 3 day trip on the Searcher for Sept. 7-10..It's $795...good mixed bag trip..come and join us

La Nina is the name of the game again this year, it appears that it will hit its full stride this season, notice the lack of rain? The sport boat folks are saying the tuna will likely be a late arrival again. Haven't sat out a season in over 25 years but after two dismal years I'm gonna sit this one out unless something miraculous happens.

Jeff, Let me look up this trip and Me and Justin are in. I hope we can finally
get into a good bite it has been a few years.

The whole Mexico thing has become a huge turn off for me. Sad I used sing its praise's, the latest nail in the coffin is the visa thing for sport and private boat owners on local trips.That coupled with the pirated mlpa process in my mind makes sport fishing in So Cal a declining sport. As more places and species become restricted more pressure will be placed on whats still available with the resulting decline in those species as well . Yes you can still fish but it isn't what it used to be and it will never be what it was. There's still good fishing to be had but it's starting to become out of reach of the common man and not locally available (look for new more stringent sand and calico bass reg's in the near future). I predict you will see a lot of the local 1/2 and 3/4 boats go up for sale.

JR, WHY DONT YOU LEAVE YOUR SCHEDULE OPEN AROUND THAT TIME IF SOMETHING COMES CLOSE ENOUGH WE CAN TAKE THE BOYS OUT WITH GRAMPS?

booger we've already scheduled the trip..you should come with us it should be a good trip..Toms going and I think Gramps is in too..Lungpopper after being spoiled by the lurking lunkers in the SD city lakes for 30 plus years i dont even fish here...but we are going to make a trip to Alamo in March

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu