Stranded Hunter Salton Sea

#1 rule I have learned when you go into the wild. Always , Always consider what might happen out of your control and be prepared and never push the limits of what you are prepared to recover from. Boy scout stuff- Be prepared... and don't think everything will be ok when you step out on your own. The older I get the better I embrace the buddy system. I hope they send this guy the bill for his foolishness.

Last edited:
Reactions: DirtHunter
Sometimes, I feel like I need that type of assistance just retrieving birds in the Wister ponds. The mud is like quicksand.

Another good reason to hunt with two Labs. 300 feet from shore? Rope the Labs and pitch a dead duck for shore. Hold on and repeat until you reach the beach. Seriously? The guy didn't bring a set of oars? Has to be more to the story.

John

Reactions: sportyg
Another good reason to hunt with two Labs. 300 feet from shore? Rope the Labs and pitch a dead duck for shore. Hold on and repeat until you reach the beach. Seriously? The guy didn't bring a set of oars? Has to be more to the story.

John
I was thinking health issues. Mental health issues. :)

11:30 at night... he probably tried quite a bit if he waited till then to ask for help and he may not of known how close he was, been exhausted, etc.

Reactions: ilovesprig

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu