Sunrise Service in the Turkey Woods

Very nice Steve. With the cops writing tickets for parking on the side of the road my turkey season is over for now hope to get out during archery and looking forward to fishing the local lakes after no one has fished them in a while too!

Matt,

I know guys that are hunting public...NO one has told me they got a ticket...These are public roads...Again, hunting is not outlawed.

If I'm wrong, please someone chime in, if you got a ticket or were even confronted.

Matt,

I know guys that are hunting public...NO one has told me they got a ticket...These are public roads...Again, hunting is not outlawed.

If I'm wrong, please someone chime in, if you got a ticket or were even confronted.

Talked to the Rangers up on Laguna. They said hunting was not being effected. They said CNF was not closed and only the developed parking areas at established trailheads and are shutdown. They said parking in undeveloped areas was okay as long as it wasn’t posted with no parking signs. To them it was all about people not getting together/ being in close contact. I can’t wait to social distance in the woods this weekend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt,

Thanks just going on what a park ranger and the Ramona Sheriff's told me in the area I was hunting were there is county owned property and hiking trails that you have to cross to get to CNF so maybe I should just go somewhere else!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: nicapopolis
Fred,

With all due respect...I have stayed home most this turkey season...I have hunted all private property and mostly by myself...Last I checked, this is America and the home of the FREE...Hunting has NOT been banned and I can't think of a better or safer place to be as in the outdoors...You live in the country...For us CITY folk, spending time in the outdoors is just as important mentally as staying safe from a virus...Of all people, I would think you would understand this.
Steve , with all due respect to you which you deserve for your efforts to promote the outdoor life style and keep it going I say we are the toughest most resilient populace, people and nation in the world. Yes I am blessed to be remote but I am also going stir crazy not being able to go to town and interact and live a life as well as perform my services for folks and conduct my business which we as citizens should be able to do, not to mention I am losing tens of thousands of dollars per month because the population continues to become sick and my business profile does not allow me to work. We as Americans have done it before and could do it again, I think folks are beginning to finally figure it out after many weeks of warnings which from my observations in the past were not heeded. We as citizens in my opinion should have listened early on and not let it come to this. Many small business owners don't know the long term effects of this event and whether we will be able to stay in business in the coming months. Everyone in this state has a stake in how we all come out of this and all I am saying is do your part and we can come out of this sooner than later.

Steve , with all due respect to you which you deserve for your efforts to promote the outdoor life style and keep it going I say we are the toughest most resilient populace, people and nation in the world. Yes I am blessed to be remote but I am also going stir crazy not being able to go to town and interact and live a life as well as perform my services for folks and conduct my business which we as citizens should be able to do, not to mention I am losing tens of thousands of dollars per month because the population continues to become sick and my business profile does not allow me to work. We as Americans have done it before and could do it again, I think folks are beginning to finally figure it out after many weeks of warnings which from my observations in the past were not heeded. We as citizens in my opinion should have listened early on and not let it come to this. Many small business owners don't know the long term effects of this event and whether we will be able to stay in business in the coming months. Everyone in this state has a stake in how we all come out of this and all I am saying is do your part and we can come out of this sooner than later.

Why are you unable to go to town? I live just outside a big one and life is going on all over. There are more people at one Costco everyday than all the CNF acres combined. I know people in dozens of states and no one I know knows anyone that has gotten sick. The few local RNs I know are working less than they ever have. We are part of the biggest government over reach in history. A political weapon and media driven panic. I know we are a country of sheep but expect more from the types of people generally attracted to this forum.

Just throwing this out there. @Snake Charmer is a stand up guy. He has more time in the field and animals under his belt than most of us combined. People are going to have differing opinions that’s what makes this country great.
I know Fred has not only had his business affected but is also taking care of a high risk person. This is an emotional time for all of us. This forum is better with @Snake Charmer on it.
Someday things will go back to normal and we will tell our grandkids about this time in history.

Reactions: NBK and Greenteal
staying away from the crowds is the issue. , as long as we follow common sense and wash our hand and keep our self clean and safe, all should be good.
two of us are elderly. we take the necessary precautions. but we don't stop living,
I don't believe there is nothing wrong with going to the woods or the lakes.
we still have to buy gas to go shopping for food, medicine and supplies , what is the difference, there is none,

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu