Sutherland Lake Turkey Hunts Impacted by Corona Virus

somekindofnick

Nov 18, 2019
I got a message this afternoon stating that Sutherland Lake will be closed for public use and this will cancel hunts through at least April 3.
See message below:

Due to the CCP-Corona Virus, Sutherland Lake is closed to public use until 3 April, and possibly longer - a setback for those that drew a hunt.
Mark Griffin, President San Diego NWTF, is in contact with Lake Staff and San Diego Parks & Rec regarding a refund.
Hope you both and your families are healthy and doing well.
P.S. please let me know your e-mail addresses. I'm old-school and do things by e-mail.
Thank You.

After asking for clarification if all hunts were cancelled:

Not all are canceled. However, San Diego Parks & Rec has definitely closed hunts through April 3; at which time they will "re-visit the issue." We're providing a 'heads-up' just in case the CCP-Virus responses continue to impact us all.

Bummer to hear this.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Sad
Reactions: Designed2Hunt
I just got a letter (e-mail) from NWTF national...All events, youth mentored hunts, and banquets are canceled...Insurance will not be provided for any of these kind of get togethers.

Fortunately, the Lake Sutherland hunts are insured by the City of San Diego...That gives us hope that we have the possibility of some hunts at the end of the season.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu