Tag Filler

Captaintb

Sep 13, 2011
Alpine, Ca
A lot of mixed emotions on taking this buck, I won't bore you guys with.
I let another buck this size walk earlier in the week, after this guy wouldn't leave the area I was hunting. I ended up slipping on the rock I was perched on, And I guess that pissed him off cause he started snort weazing at me, so I decided to end my general season hunt. Dropped him in his tracks at 123 yds.

Never been much of a big buck hunter, maybe later, when life slows down a bit. For now, we've got meat in the freezer and some back strap marinating for dinner tonight. Also an M6 tag that is always fun to fill.

Attachments

• image.jpg_thumb1.png
    image.jpg_thumb1.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 233
  • image.jpg_thumb2.png
    image.jpg_thumb2.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 236
Wow looks like the one I missed at 50 yds away over his back with my bow. I saw 2 other rifle hunters today hope one was you! Cool Congrats. In some ways the stress is over. Dee,r it's what's for dinner---- for you tonight. SW

Your Mama said:
Wow looks like the one I missed at 50 yds away over his back with my bow. I saw 2 other rifle hunters today hope one was you! Cool Congrats. In some ways the stress is over. Dee,r it's what's for dinner---- for you tonight. SW
I got him on Saturday, was just too busy after to post.

Way to go bro. I got one more shot on the 11th on the weekend of the 15th and 16th. Had one in our sites last weekend but only for a few seconds. Two more seconds and I would have some meat in the freezer! Oh well at least I got a good 5 mile hike in. I was sore on Monday!!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu