Talk about Freaky Friday!

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
So, I go scouting all most all day and don't get home until almost 10:00...At about 10:30, I decide I was going to put my good camera in the Expedition...So, I wouldn't forget it for todays work party at San Jacinto W.A.

I'm a diabetic these days...So, I never go outside without shoes on...I had literally just taken my boots off and said to myself, "I'll just go throw the camera in"...I walked thru the garage and was going to just put it on my seat...Then decide, I would put it on the drivers side...As I'm walking around the truck, I see something on the ground in front of me...Decide, I'll just step over it (it's dark, no flashlight)...I put my left foot down right into last years antlers...OUCH!...Hurts like hell, but I put the camera in and go back into the house...Turn off TV, pick up boots, and head to bed...I needed to go to the bathroom...I look down and there's a trail of blood...I sit down and bloods pouring out of the bottom of my foot (I'm also on blood thinners)...I stop the bleeding and look at the bottom of my foot and there's a gaping hole...Antler right into my foot!...WTF are the odds?.......;)

Today, I can barely walk...Called Dr. Jack and got on the antibiotics, clean new bandages, and a tetanus shot...This thing has 2 weeks to heal before Montana........:worried:

ps...Here's one for you 16'ers yesterday..........:blush:

.IMG_1534.JPGIMG_0179 - Copy (2).JPGIMG_0181 - Copy (2).JPG

25-06 type shit stevo!! Damn!!;heal up amigo..and wax that Crain!!!

Reactions: ilovesprig
yike , keep it clean and bandage,
those puncture wounds are rough
I am also diabetic and croc’s and sketchers are mandatory for household travel
alpaca & Marino anti microbial socks

I do a lot of tinkering in my garage, so one never knows what my be on the floor just waiting to imbed itself into ones foot. I am forever telling the grand kids, do not ever go in the garage without something on their feet. I was working in the garage many years back when I stepped on a board with the head of a Finnish nail sticking up. I had tennis shoes on but it went into my foot. I pulled it out, washed my foot , put on some Neosporin a band aid, and went about my work. several days later my foot got infected, so I went to Dr. He cut my foot open and pulled out a plug of the sole of my tennis shoe which was driven in by the head of the nail.

I do a lot of tinkering in my garage, so one never knows what my be on the floor just waiting to imbed itself into ones foot. I am forever telling the grand kids, do not ever go in the garage without something on their feet. I was working in the garage many years back when I stepped on a board with the head of a Finnish nail sticking up. I had tennis shoes on but it went into my foot. I pulled it out, washed my foot , put on some Neosporin a band aid, and went about my work. several days later my foot got infected, so I went to Dr. He cut my foot open and pulled out a plug of the sole of my tennis shoe which was driven in by the head of the nail.
Yeah a piece of sock , skin , shoe imbedded into the wound = infection
no bueno for a diabetic

Yeah a piece of sock , skin , shoe imbedded into the wound = infection
no bueno for a diabetic
My good friend is diabetic, as results he has neuropathy, mainly in his feet and lower legs. He has been in hospital with sepsis about four times in the last year. He walk around without anything on his feet. The slightest nick or cut is not good for him. Problem is, with neuropathy he can't feel his feet enough to know he has injured his foot. No bueno for sure.

Reactions: S-3 Ranch
How do I avoid getting Diabetes?
Would diet and excersize do it? I do love my sugar though.
My brother is diabetic and he has struggled keeping the blood sugar level under control.

Good question...No family history...My dad made to almost 95 and my mom is 94..I love carbs and sugar...I was pre-diabetic for a long time...Just turned full type 2, but my numbers have been controlled for a long time (5.8-6.3)....I do take Metformin and Ganuvia.

I would say diet has a lot to do with it...Good exercise, your weight, and cut out lot of the sugar and pasta would be a good start.

Last edited:
How do I avoid getting Diabetes?
Would diet and excersize do it? I do love my sugar though.
My brother is diabetic and he has struggled keeping the blood sugar level under control.
Diet and exercise will absolutely help. But isn't a 100% guarantee. Best thing to do is #1 get checked. (if you have family history, get checked on a regular (ish) basis.) #2 ease up on carbs and sugars. And if you really want you can buy a blood glucose meter on Amazon for under $25 and check your blood periodically just to know if it's staying steady or if it's time to go see the D.R

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu