Tejon report

S

stikbrandon

Guys that place is by far the most difficult hunt I've ever done. We were in the north area and a Long story short, I did not get a pig to take a dirt nap that I knoww of. 1 guy in our group rolled a pig at 40 yards cause it jumped the road in front of us.

We had at least 6-7 stalks a on a few bores and a feww groups of pigs. We saw over 50-60 pigs that were out of reach due to the terrain , That place is so steep, if any one is familiar wwith middle ridge road , my buddys and I put a stalk in from lopezz flats at the base of middle ridge road half way up that ridge too than continued to the top cause we thought we had a hit pig. Turns out wwe didnt but hey it felt like my heart was gonna pop but it didn't!!!

I took a shot at a bore at 550 yrds last night. Not my buddy's had glass on the pig as I shot, this pig jumped up about 18" with his mouth open and took off down the hill in to the canyon below.
I Thought for sure I cracked that piggie and so did My buddy's, so we went to look for blood and couldn't. Find a drop......

All in all I recommend any one to head out there if u get the chance , that was a fun hunt, I took 1 pic from on Top of middle ridge road over looking lopez flats.

I will post it soon

Sounds like you had a grand time Brandon.

Now that you've been there you will know where to find the pigs. Next report will have dead pig pics.

Dang it! Still sounds like a fun time though... All this Tejon talk makes me want to plan a trip.

That place is wild, the experience was priceless !!!! I wwill be back again for sure

Sorry to hear you did not get your pig.what your group did is brutal from my hunting standard.our group of 5 hunters all tag out on top of that ridge Saturday.well .... Good luck next time...

Eric pecan said:
Sorry to hear you did not get your pig.what your group did is brutal from my hunting standard.our group of 5 hunters all tag out on top of that ridge Saturday.well .... Good luck next time...

That would be a lot of fun getting a group together to take some pigs out

Back