Tejon report

S

stikbrandon

Guys that place is by far the most difficult hunt I've ever done. We were in the north area and a Long story short, I did not get a pig to take a dirt nap that I knoww of. 1 guy in our group rolled a pig at 40 yards cause it jumped the road in front of us.

We had at least 6-7 stalks a on a few bores and a feww groups of pigs. We saw over 50-60 pigs that were out of reach due to the terrain , That place is so steep, if any one is familiar wwith middle ridge road , my buddys and I put a stalk in from lopezz flats at the base of middle ridge road half way up that ridge too than continued to the top cause we thought we had a hit pig. Turns out wwe didnt but hey it felt like my heart was gonna pop but it didn't!!!

I took a shot at a bore at 550 yrds last night. Not my buddy's had glass on the pig as I shot, this pig jumped up about 18" with his mouth open and took off down the hill in to the canyon below.
I Thought for sure I cracked that piggie and so did My buddy's, so we went to look for blood and couldn't. Find a drop......

All in all I recommend any one to head out there if u get the chance , that was a fun hunt, I took 1 pic from on Top of middle ridge road over looking lopez flats.

I will post it soon

That place is wild, the experience was priceless !!!! I wwill be back again for sure

I have been twice and it is awesome! I have a trip planned for next March.

Sorry to hear you did not get your pig.what your group did is brutal from my hunting standard.our group of 5 hunters all tag out on top of that ridge Saturday.well .... Good luck next time...

Eric pecan said:
Sorry to hear you did not get your pig.what your group did is brutal from my hunting standard.our group of 5 hunters all tag out on top of that ridge Saturday.well .... Good luck next time...

That would be a lot of fun getting a group together to take some pigs out

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu