The First Annual SCH INVITATIONAL

Aeon

just a dude who duck hunts
GOLD SITE SUPPORTER
Feb 16, 2011
Under the cloak of secrecy the first SCH INVITATIONAL will be held on april 14th

who will take the title?

when sub moa is not enough, who will over come to be KING?

invites will go out to attendees,

Rumor has it that @NBK will give up bass fishing for a day to come out

stand by for smack talking :)

Aeon.....

Seriously,,, That is some funny shkit right there. Im going to laugh all week. That is funny, It’s wrong in so many ways but it’s funny.
You must be selling that shotgun in the classifieds to cover your losses for next weekend.

Reactions: Kellendv
Well it happened under the cloak of secrecy.
Here’s a pic of NBK sending some projectiles down range.
This was not an event for the weak, as you can see every shot was carefully scrutinized and analyzed. Even Truducts son rang the steel at 1,000 yards.
At the end of the day with hundreds of rounds sent down range from the 100 yard paper to the 1,000 yard steel with a few making it all the way out to the 1,400 yard dirt bank.
Bonejour was the winner of the 1st annual SCH ring the steel slugfest InvitationalCB346B71-712E-4DEB-BB0A-8870E63D8081.png1C37144E-6B43-4E62-9907-27F2541ECAF0.png

Last edited:
Sprig, somehow I got waylaid on the way to retirement. Busier than I ever expected!
It was a great day with great friends.
Honestly, I still have no idea why I was declared the winner; i testify that they are just being charitable. I will say that I have a terrific stock 7mag rig, put together with guidance from NBK; and he, LP and Bill had us all ringing steel at 1K yds.
One thing that I learned yesterday was how much difference hand loads make for consistent muzzle velocity. NBK had his radar out, and clocked Bill’s saum at 3327+/-4 FPS. That’s +/-0.0012 error! For comparison, my premium factory 7mag rounds varied by +/-0.012. Of course that difference will come as no surprise to long-range and competitive shooters, and it doesn’t make much difference at PBR, but it impressed me a lot what a difference it makes when you use your rifle like a howitzer.

All I can say is @NBK @Aeon and @Lungpopper are all the real deal. I watched NBK put a brand new scope on his rifle take 3 shots at 100 and then dial out to 1,000 and ring the gong 5 times in a row. Incredible skill and knowledge shown by the three of them.
Seeing @Bonejour get set up and ring the 1k for his first time was great. That Remington Sendero is an awesome factory rifle. But hands down my favorite part of the day was Aeon shortening his custom rifle and helping my 12 year old ring the 1k gong. It was a huge confidence booster for him. He is ready to shoot a pig in May for sure.
Only bad thing about this shoot is how expensive it was to attend. NBK already has all my custom rifle parts on order for my first long range rifle build and now I am already planning my second before the first is even done. Fine Firearms builds a nice rifle gentlemen the proof is in the pudding. I think I found a new addiction. Can’t wait to be able to contribute more to the competition.
0148616E-E2D5-4A25-BB30-AA1A4A909118.jpeg

Good times - The company kept on this trip was world class. Shooting conditions were good, couldn't as for a nicer Sunday. The competitive spirit was not lacking with this group.

A few bullet points:

Truduct, your son is a very well mannered and patient young man. You have done a great job as a father. And your Coues deer sausage was some fine cuisine! It was fun watching your father-in-law enjoy the day with you and your boy.

Bonejour did a great job getting his rifle on the 1K yard mark. He is a fast study and a good shot. Hope to see more of you back on SCH and in the field.

Aeon you are just a good dude. Your rig was amazing and the company you keep was appreciated. I really enjoyed meeting Dave and getting to know him. His big bore rifle was a whole other level of fun.

Lungpopper...well, he is Lungpopper being Lungpopper. His shooting skills are excellent and his generosity aways amazes me. Anytime we hang out, I have fun.

20190414_105735.jpg20190414_092546.jpg20190414_091655.jpg20190414_090330.jpg

In the works for the next shoot out will be life size plywood animal silhouettes with an AR500 kill zone. I am thinking Elk, Deer, antelope, bear and coyote targets are good for an SCH shoot. Almost like a 3D archery shoot but with rifles. Of course Aeon will need to make up the rules as the day goes on so everything stays fair.
Stay tuned depending on how everyone’s tags work out there will be some good shoots in early 2020.

Last edited:
In the works for the next shoot out will be life size plywood animal silhouettes with an AR500 kill zone. I am thinking Elk, Deer, antelope, bear and coyote targets are good for an SCH shoot. Almost like a 3D archery shoot but with rifles. Of course Aeon will need to make up the rules as the day goes on so everything stays fair.
Stay tuned depending on how everyone’s tags work out there will be some good shoots in early 2020.

Or Sooner

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu