The First Annual SCH INVITATIONAL

Making up this SCH tourney as I go but since “some guys” like shooting heavy rigs so their barrels don’t heat up I think we are going to have to add some off hand, kneeling tripod, and standing tripod to this competition. Also I think a timer would be useful like over 30 seconds and you get a point added to your score animals don’t sit still forever. Real life hunting positions to go with the life like targets.
Maybe we do it like golf low score wins. If it takes 3 shots to hit the 800yd elk gong you get a 3.

Making up this SCH tourney as I go but since “some guys” like shooting heavy rigs so their barrels don’t heat up I think we are going to have to add some off hand, kneeling tripod, and standing tripod to this competition. Also I think a timer would be useful like over 30 seconds and you get a point added to your score animals don’t sit still forever. Real life hunting positions to go with the life like targets.
Maybe we do it like golf low score wins. If it takes 3 shots to hit the 800yd elk gong you get a 3.

The 5 mile mountain timed hike requirement might add some points to those heavy rig scores.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the 5 mile hike idea, next time you go first and we will go as soon as you get back.

We can add some other real life shots. The out the drivers side window while the ac blows cold is a fav
No joke a car door with a beach chair behind it would be classic. I am sure someone on this site has an extra car door in their front yard. You have sit parallel to the door though and twist your body.

The car door shot needs to be no more than 50 yds we want to keep it real and you definitely get no more than 30 seconds for that one. @HATCHET1 we need an expert you can lay the ground rules for this one

It’s going to take a week- plus to set all this stuff up. We’re going to need security guards to make sure it doesn’t walk off.

Reactions: TRICER
Fellas....you are now speaking my language...im all in!! Knuckleheads and all...say when?

PRS... its this shooting sport where instead of saying here hold my beer you have to hold your beer while shooting at a moving target with a 20mph cross wind......

You are basically describing a PRS shoot. Might be easier to do just that.
John words cannot describe what I am describing. But ya basically that's what we should do. Maybe a shoot like that where more guys could be involved with hunting rifles and a long range Taft style for the big guns. @TaftHunter you gonna make the drive? Bill since I don't condone drinking and shooting we will have to use a full closed can for your event or an open soda and if it spills you get docked points. All I know is that first place is a cool plastic trophy cup full of respect and bragging rights.
trophy-cup-500x500.jpg

Reactions: TaftHunter
How about a kiddy pool full of Wister mud for some clay shooting? Love the smell of the Sea!!!

I just came across this post!!!!!
I cannot believe it!!
Next time I hope I learn about it earlier AND get invited. ;)
I have to prove that I am a good shot but for sure I can cook!! :p

Reactions: NBK

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu