The "Henshaw" is happening

Fished Henshaw 3 times this last week and the bass fishing was excellent each day...Also, fishing El Cap on Tuesday, but it was pretty slow...Only 6 fish.........:blush:

The big news is I caught some crappie at "The Shaw"...I was really afraid that they had all died off on the big fish kill 2 years ago and not a single crappie reported last year...........:yum

View attachment 61986View attachment 61987View attachment 61988View attachment 61989View attachment 61990View attachment 61992
some great fish there Steve.

Great stuff Stevo! Some slabs you got there and those tacos look killer! I got on a good bite on Tuesday with some friends..only caught 2 worth making tacos out of. One was a little over a pound and 14" long. Caught 20 crappie 12 small mouth and 2 rainbows. All caught on hand tied jigs. The smaller crappies were kept to use as sturgeon bait..I hooked up on a 6+ footer but came off the hook 10 min into the fight.
We caught 56 crappie between 3 of us. Last week my buddies caught 256. The bite was definitely on fire.

A buddy ties jigs if anyone is interested.

View attachment 62022

View attachment 62023

View attachment 62024

View attachment 62025

View attachment 62026

I didn’t know the lake had small mouth in it. I’m planning on going up in the after noon on Tuesday for an evening bite and sleeping in my truck and fish the next day. Is there any place to hook up to electricity for my trolling motor. I used to fish that lake quite often and hunt ducks back in the good days.

I didn’t know the lake had small mouth in it. I’m planning on going up in the after noon on Tuesday for an evening bite and sleeping in my truck and fish the next day. Is there any place to hook up to electricity for my trolling motor. I used to fish that lake quite often and hunt ducks back in the good days.

If you're talking about Henshaw, it doesn't.....Those pix are from I believe the Snake River or somewhere else in Idaho...I'd stay in the campground...Ask Ruben or Randy, if you can charge your battery...Good luck... :blush:

If you're talking about Henshaw, it doesn't.....Those pix are from I believe the Snake River or somewhere else in Idaho...I'd stay in the campground...Ask Ruben or Randy, if you can charge your battery...Good luck... :blush:
thanks, I’ll just take my small generator and pay the $17 for the night

Reactions: ilovesprig
I’m going up next Tuesday afternoon camping in my trek and fishing wed. What were they eating, haven’t been up there in a few years, used to be my favorite lake

I’m going up next Tuesday afternoon camping in my trek and fishing wed. What were they eating, haven’t been up there in a few years, used to be my favorite lake

What are you fishing for?...If you're fishing from a boat, The damn area north has been pretty good for bass and catfish...I heard guys were drifting for crappie with jigs...Bluegill on meal or nite crawler pieces are everywhere....Senkos are always a good choice, Ned rigged plastic, cranks, and blades for bass....... :blush:

What are you fishing for?...If you're fishing from a boat, The damn area north has been pretty good for bass and catfish...I heard guys were drifting for crappie with jigs...Bluegill on meal or nite crawler pieces are everywhere....Senkos are always a good choice, Ned rigged plastic, cranks, and blades for bass....... :blush:
Went to Henshaw today after shooting sporting clays, to my surprise closed, store was also so couldn’t get in a camping space and store doesn’t open until 8,,long drive for nothing. Decided to fish Otay tomorrow. Wrong it’s closed this we’d. I guess I’ll just have load shotgun shells or work in the yard. Strange hours

Went to Henshaw today after shooting sporting clays, to my surprise closed, store was also so couldn’t get in a camping space and store doesn’t open until 8,,long drive for nothing. Decided to fish Otay tomorrow. Wrong it’s closed this we’d. I guess I’ll just have load shotgun shells or work in the yard. Strange hours

Damn, I'm sorry...I know it's closed on Tuesdays...Should've said something....................:sleeping:

Reactions: sherpa

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu