the rut is starting to kick in

oneazbowhunter

"will work for tag"
Oct 28, 2011
prescott valley,AZ
found about a 180" 4x4 on Friday and let him walk ( for the day)..found him again today while it was snowing.. got to 35 yards and got winded by a doe..3 more yards and i had a clear shot!!!I'm pretty sure this buck is going to die...

This is a story I want to hear the ending...................... Good Luck!

2011 tag is good to the 31st..then 2012 tag good for the month of Jan..windy as hell today(makes for great stalking as long as you can find the deer)..needless to say we got winded by the big buck trying to locate him..put a stalk on a earwide 3x that I didn't even want to shoot,got to 18 yards before he blew outta there..

the big 3x is 26 or 27 wide..he's a pretty nice buck..and we have another 4x4 in a different unit thats the same width and right around 170..last Jan I chased a 4x4 that was 28 or 29 wide and easily 180(and missed him)..were spending a lot of time trying to find him..but we haven't been able to locate him..still finding a ton of does without bucks..

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu